Ordering Stuff from China

What are you buying :joy:

3 Likes

I always ask myself the same thing when I click the box “buy all” in aliexpress. Out of nowhere you are above +200euro.

Idk just parts etc.

4 Likes

Haha shit, it adds up :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Didn’t know!
Well here we go. Koowheel still the most expensive purchase (didn’t receive the bag btw) :joy:.
Maybe this is the reason why if I have a problem they refund me no questions :grin:

Average order around 10$ I would say…lol

Overall experience. I get around 10-15 parcels every week. I think I only had 2-3 packages lost. Alway got a deal with the seller (refund or ship another unit). Fun fact only my second order ever, a custom mug never got here and no refund. That was 2014 :crazy_face:
I honestly prefer to buy on Ali than Amazon. I sold for a couple of years on Amazon, worse seller service I have seen. The focus is only on customers, but in this way the sellers feel cut out. You can not send private email to customers, only in particular occasions and bla bla bla. Basically you feel trapped inside. On Ali you have to know how to search for items. If you buy as you would buy on Amazon, then I can understand why someone doesn’t like it. If you get used to know sellers, shops and find your methods to screen stuffs, then is pure gold. I wouldn’t even know where to find simple stuffs I get out of Ali on other online shops. Of course I use them all :blush:

6 Likes

Your on diamond level the same like me. If you have that level aliexpress is less worried about the truth behind the dispute.

2 Likes

Damn, didn’t even know that was a thing. Now I know where all my money went :joy: (that’s 2,7k euro if you’re wondering :slight_smile:)

Also.

@pjotr47 @Mainflow
Does anyone know the difference between “Wate Official Store” and “Wate Charger Store” on Aliexpress?

I’ve purchased from “Wate Charger Store” and my experience so far is really good :slight_smile: Quick answering and can actually speak English lol. We’ll see how things go once it arrives though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I see 2019 was big year for everyone :crazy_face:

3 Likes

that’s true…we are ultra diamond. That helps a lot, orders shipped out way fasters, sellers always reply ecc…I think AliExpress service got way better over the year. Of course that went along with my level on the shop so do not know what’s about be a entry level now. I would guess is fine, probably only a bit slower.

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

They didn’t include my latest 30usd order from 2 days ago. So the flashlight isn’t the most expensive order anymore. I usually order only small parts and below the customs value of 22€

27 of the 29 orders arrived. Order 28 and 29 are in transit, so far 100% success rate.

yeh the stats are updated to the 10th anniversary I think. I have 100 orders more since then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just got a wate 12s charger like yours but 4a. Can I ask whether you power it on before or after connecting it to the battery?

Most opinions on the forum are charger turned on first then connect to the battery but the instructions with the charger are to connect to the battery first then turn the charger on

Thanks

As someone with a Wate 12s, this. Ask me how I know.

1 Like

Thanks @BillGordon, now to plug it in, check output voltage and give 1st charge to the pack :grin:

1 Like

Just checked the voltage without battery connected and its sitting at 50.65v. Is that normal or do I need to open it and change to 50.4. Curious what yours reads? Don’t know if it’s different under load as I’ve noticed voltage does drop when current increases on some other 5v chargers I have played with in the past.

1 Like

50.65V is only 4.22V per cell. You can check for your specific cells, but that’s usually within the maximum charge tolerance, I think. If you’re certain your measuring device is accurate, and the charger has a fine adjust, turning it down is probably better, but it might be just fine using it as-is.

For example, the Molicel P42A specification says

End of charge voltage: 4.20V +/-0.05V

1 Like

They are p42a cells and an llt bms so should be OK yes? Any specific llt settings I need to change from default?

I charged my board last night and noted it read 50.7 when the light turned green.

I charge through one of these:

2 Likes