ORBITAL | Bikeboard | Remoteless | 80100 | 20s7p

Are you positive is electronics related and not mechanical resonance? I’ve had very bizarre issues in drones due to motors/props/frame vibrating juuuuust right (and even creating a positive feedback loop with the electronics)

2 Likes

I guess that’s possible, but I don’t think it’s likely. It happens regardless of chain tension, and I’ve heard the motor Buzz at a higher frequency when it’s disconnected from the rear wheel once or twice. I can try putting a brace on the rear Fork to test this idea, though.

2 Likes

I installed this haphazard stiffener bar to resist chain tension, and it definitely seems to work. The vibration is less intense and takes place over a much smaller range of speeds now. The problem isn’t completely fixed, but TBH it’s good enough that I’m going to call it done. Thanks for the suggestion.

6 Likes

Phillips head screws? I cant believe it. JAIL.

2 Likes

My workplace has a terrible selection of screws to steal from, hardly any metric stuff even. :pensive:

3 Likes

oooohhh

1 Like

Have you thought about running that thing on QS1000 middle motor.?

2 Likes

That looks like a cool little kit, but this system puts out 4000W instead of 1000W. I’m planning V2 to have a similar tail end power unit, but I’ll be able to get way more out of it with esk8 equipment.

1 Like

The QS1000 will do 10-12kw peak, they’re incredibly robust and under-rated.

3 Likes

Ok, maybe I was looking at a different version. I see there’s other varieties out there rated for 10-15kW peak.

That’s pretty good, it would be a great choice for a production board. But I can get much tighter packaging (shorter wheelbase) + custom suspension mounting (better use of internal deck volume) + my own choice of wheel (better tire selection / moto chain drive) + 30% weight reduction + 20kW continuous power and enough torque to fight God by building a custom swingarm and using a couple 3020 inrunners.

4 Likes

@BenjaminF I painted me like one of your french girls, ya happy now
[innovation category]

15 Likes

Looks like you might have some competition for best bike themed esk8 build :rofl:

Although this version is basically the exact opposite of your build as to which parts of the skateboard are kept. also yours was much more involved to build

2 Likes

This is very cool

1 Like

@ApproachCautiously i guess we’ll have to race for pink slips

@magharees muchas gracias

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’d win since his looks to be powered by boosted board parts and in the video I think his top speed was only 20mph. I don’t even need to look back at what you posted to know yours can go faster :rofl: otherwise that 20s7p battery is being wasted

@Flyboy I have a set or 2 of these “all terrain “ tires, perhaps perfect for orbital? Diamond tipped wheels are the ultimate bling. Clean them, powder coat, boom unstoppable!

#sk8tedadsnonsence

4 Likes

No rolling resistance on pavement, bites DEEP offroad for max grip, amazing bling factor, i see no downsides

1 Like

Don’t forget that it acts as an automatic pedestrian warning system from the beautiful noise it makes when going across pavement

1 Like

And burnouts require an N95 respirator and eye pro to be OSHA compliant

1 Like

How about a forklift certification?