Orange Wheels | >85, <110

I am working on my shorty rn and need some new wheels. I rode 85mm 80a cags today and the ride was little bit too rough, also mounts were too close to the ground. About an hour ago I switched to prototype 74a TB110s in orange, ride was incredible (ofc), but they are a bit big. Also the wheel gets a bit too close to the motor pulley. The setup is a BKB tayto with a few mods, but drive train is pretty close to stock.

I feel like no one makes good orange wheels in the medium size range.

I found these, honestly pretty perfect but a bit pricey IMO. https://evolveskateboardsusa.com/products/evolve-gtr-street-wheels-97mm-76a?variant=14739685441585

I may have to get them in the near future if that is only option, but I would prefer something else (cheap lol)

If someone has something, I can pay in cash or heatsinks lmao.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Ive been told those Momentumboard wheels are actually pretty good… Not sure if orange though

1 Like

Which ones are you talking about? Can you link them.

also, color is the most important part, if that didn’t matter I’d go get some tb90s or some abec11 fly’s

1 Like

If you can find some white wheels to your liking you could always dye them.?

2 Likes

Never done it, but yea might be the call

What about lathing down the tb110s🤔

1 Like

You can order 4x 90x62mm, 78a wheels for $60 with free shipping from Wowgo. They have a sizable off-centered overhang and carve great plus they come in bright orange. The only downsides are slow shipping times out of China and the square profile is slightly more prone to chipping than wheels with more rounded edges. I really like them for a wide 90mm option.

EDITED to reflect actual price BC apparently I cannot read.

2 Likes

You could dye some 100mm boas. The 65mm CP is probably the best you can get at 100mm.

2 Likes

The Evolve wheels are slightly softer than Boas (which you can dye yourself or get dyed by nexusboards), but my friend did have them chunk a little, so I think the Boas will be longer lasting.

I would forget about the color and just get some TB100mm while they’re on sale if I were you. Cheap and good.

1 Like

Dyed boas work well, 100mm

5 Likes

Hey Nacho, I think the other guys covered all the available wheels. But I would still like to say something just for the sake of common knowledge.
If you want a wheel bigger than 85 so 85> and smaller than 110 so <110. You can also just say:
Orange Wheels | 85<X<110
I just wanted to put this out there. You can do something with it or not hahhah. Not trying to be a dick but thought It would be useful info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha. Thanks. I actually just took math 3 during summer, I had to use this plenty, just didn’t put it into practice yesterday.

2 Likes

yeh these look really nice, color is perfect but idk about thane quality

1 Like

honestly dyed 100 boas are probs the right call. But they come at a similar price to those evolves.

1 Like

Hahah cool! Good luck with the wheels :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I liked them enough on the front of my WG3 that I bought an extra pair to use with belt drive. They are about the same firmness as the black TB 110s, but because of the off-centered core design the outer edges flex and spring back nicely. I didn’t think that the thane was too hard, but I cannot speak to their long-term durability.

2 Likes

only two wheels for 51?

also 4 bearings add 20 bucks woah

1 Like

Well nevermind. I thought that was too good of a deal. And yes, no need to ever pay more than $15 for a full set of Zelous steels. Sorry about that!

1 Like

Nacho… The 97mm ORANGE Cal7 generic abec cloneS on amazon are pretty fukkin’ reasonable considering price and availability… I’ve been running a couple of sets for over a year…

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Maybe. I have been spooked about thane quality.