options for voltage display for 24 different cell readings.

considering my options to build a small display for 6x 4s lipos per cell voltage readings. so 24 readings. What kinda options are out there? some voltage reading chips and a display? bunch of individual tiny lcd volt meters?

do you have any ideas?

1 Like

@Pottsy showed me these the other day.

Not entirely what you’re after, but still cool.

2 Likes

If you get these, do yourself a favour and get the 4 digit ones, not the 3 digit ones.

Also do yourself another favour and calibrate them yourself (there is a potentiometer on the back) because while they seem to be loosely set from the factory, some of them can be off like +/- 10% in some cases, it’s better to calibrate it yourself and put a dab of epoxy on the pot afterward.

Just my $0.02 from using these things a lot.

2 Likes

whoa… there’s a display for the LTT smart BMS. that is cool.

2 Likes

:wink:

11 Likes

sorry I have a 25S

jk only 24S here broda

Dude… that pack is not happy.

4 Likes

Sorry, I’ll generate happier numbers for my next demo. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I have some of those 6s voltage checker.
Pretty happy so far.

You could also get some simple 4-8s lipo alarm lcd displays where one display run periodically through all cells and than shows overall voltage of the pack.

1 Like

Yeah i have that now. 6 separate 4s lipo monitors that cycle. it takes too much focus to watch them cycle. i’d rather just scan a list. but 6 fancier monitors are a bit big for the space i have.

I could get an 8s display but I don’t want to connect the balance connectors to each other full time, lest one lipo try to take the other out through balance leads. the 6 4s lipos are currently connected as 3 series pairs in parallel.

thanks. good points.

actually think 24 of these are too big. do you know if there’s any tiny ones?

Smart bms isn’t an option? Wouldn’t need extra holes and you would get always all readings on your phone.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any but also not looked.

1 Like

Yep i feel that.

I have 4 x 12s lipo packs here that were all wired in parallel to the same BMS that took a shit and wiped out cell 12.

Now i have 4 x 11s lipos :rofl:

3 Likes

I considered that. but…

2 Likes

Didn’t try that one by my own, but maybe two of those would work for you:

€ 43,86 | 2 stücke Chargery BS12 Mikroprozessor gesteuert Monitor Reader Saver Watcher TFT LCD Display 2 S ~ 12 S Lipo Li-Ion lifepo4 Batterie

1 Like

@fessyfoo what ESC are you using for 24S?

1 Like

I think he does use 12s2p LiPo not 24s1p

1 Like

8s3p

1 Like

it’s this ^
so using mamba XLX2… stooge train.

1 Like