Opinions on TB40 DECK by torqueboard

I hope this is the correct category to ask this question.
Is the “TB40 deck v2 combo kit” by torqueboard worth the buy? Is it stable at high speeds and a sturdy board? Or are there any better alternatives? Im looking for a good stable deck and enclosure combo i can buy from a reliable site.

3 Likes

I’ve got one (V1 but very close in ride and such), and I’m pretty happy with it overall. Good price these days as well.

3 Likes

I have the V2 combo, it’s a pretty good deck
Stiff and stable
You can only put a 12S4P 21700 in there though

3 Likes

I run a 10s4p so this is great to hear tbh

2 Likes

Nice to see ya again! Ive converted to bekt drive and honestly its night and day compared to hubs

2 Likes

Belt*

1 Like

The TB6 esc is really good too +1 from me I have a few of these kits and I can’t wait to get to them

2 Likes

I’ll give my honest feedback,
It’s a great deck BUT:

• Finding inserts that fit anywhere were freedom units aren’t a thing is a PIA, I had to take some M6 which were still to small in outer diameter and a pain to align with the enclosure holes
  • I find the quality of the paint and cover not that great (bumps in the top layer from improper gluing, the black paint is not smooth…)
  • Do not make it ship outside of the US it is going to cost you a lot that he doesn’t account at checkout but afterwards (I had to pay like 70$ more, but when asked to not mention electric on the customs declaration he just put a 0$ value so I didn’t have to pay taxes at all)
  • On mine the CF top layer was not to the edge so there was like 0,5mm on each side lengthwise were you could see the wood
  • The holes weren’t properly drilled on mine I had to redrill them larger and compensate with epoxy to have a tight fit, the hole spacing was like 0.5mm to big
2 Likes

I had a similar experience to Eratrace.

The inserts are a real pita, sold out from DIY, so I tried M6 designed for furniture, almost got them to work but couldn’t keep the JB weld off the thread. Ended up drilling them out, refilling the hole with resin, drilling all the way through the board. I put M5 rivnuts through from the top, nice and tight and secure. I’ll get some new grip tape and tape over the top when I have time.

Also experienced the same problem with the extra postage request - wish they’d sort out their online shop.

Other than that it’s a pretty solid board, overall I’m happy so far.

I have moved over my evolve carbon GT parts to this as I’d upgraded ESC to stormcore and needed bigger enclosure. I’ll now slowly replace all the other evolve parts…

1 Like

the tb40 deck is known to be built up by sadist small builders who make their customers suffer for no reason,like grumpy old poo heads(not that i have a dog in this fight) I get up early and hold a grudge

2 Likes

Yea im pretty sour about torqueboards they genuinely dont care for their customers