Opinions on TB40 DECK by torqueboard

I hope this is the correct category to ask this question.
Is the “TB40 deck v2 combo kit” by torqueboard worth the buy? Is it stable at high speeds and a sturdy board? Or are there any better alternatives? Im looking for a good stable deck and enclosure combo i can buy from a reliable site.

2 Likes

I’ve got one (V1 but very close in ride and such), and I’m pretty happy with it overall. Good price these days as well.

3 Likes

I have the V2 combo, it’s a pretty good deck
Stiff and stable
You can only put a 12S4P 21700 in there though

3 Likes

I run a 10s4p so this is great to hear tbh

1 Like

Nice to see ya again! Ive converted to bekt drive and honestly its night and day compared to hubs

2 Likes

Belt*

1 Like

The TB6 esc is really good too +1 from me I have a few of these kits and I can’t wait to get to them

1 Like

I’ll give my honest feedback,
It’s a great deck BUT:

• Finding inserts that fit anywhere were freedom units aren’t a thing is a PIA, I had to take some M6 which were still to small in outer diameter and a pain to align with the enclosure holes
  • I find the quality of the paint and cover not that great (bumps in the top layer from improper gluing, the black paint is not smooth…)
  • Do not make it ship outside of the US it is going to cost you a lot that he doesn’t account at checkout but afterwards (I had to pay like 70$ more, but when asked to not mention electric on the customs declaration he just put a 0$ value so I didn’t have to pay taxes at all)
  • On mine the CF top layer was not to the edge so there was like 0,5mm on each side lengthwise were you could see the wood
  • The holes weren’t properly drilled on mine I had to redrill them larger and compensate with epoxy to have a tight fit, the hole spacing was like 0.5mm to big
1 Like