Onsra Velar Preorder

Just saw this on the twelveboard page, I note it’s a July Preorder on the Onsra page. Couldnt see anything listed discussion wise here

1 Like

cool looking deck

1 Like

Not so cool price tag

2 Likes

Cool looking board, but why not just buy a Lacroix Barrel? Even if the Velar’s battery capacity is almost 1.5 times the Barrel, in every other aspect the Barrel just wins.

Lacroix gets you Hypertrucks and a Stormcore and a Hoyt puck for $1900.
Onsra gets you a bigger battery for $2400.
Also, the Onsra is heavy as fuck - 18.4kg compared to 13.1kg on the Barrel.

Well sounds like ordering from LaCroix gets you absolutely nothing right now :rofl:.

They also just seem like slightly different designs, this is more kaly and the barell looks more flux like, the decks will ride very differently.

6 Likes

Yep, also, I would argue the onsra remote is much cooler than the puck, obviously unproven in terms of signal reliability tho. And if I had to guess, the velar is probably a lot quicker.

Also worth mentioning the velar is somehow compatible with their 115 wheels

3 Likes

ikr, ordered a stormcore 60D+ and it took them 4 months to get it to me with constant emails of “just two more weeks and we’ll have it shipped”. At least Onsra actually delivers a board.

2 Likes

Didnt that remote come out with the BC3? I’d have thought there has been plenty if time for that remote to prove itself.

1 Like

Well if we’re comparing to the puck, I mean the amount of time and units out there is quite different.

We know for sure there’s only like a couple places you can’t trust the puck, I can’t say the same for the Onsra one cuz it only works with Onsra boards.

Surprised you’d assume the velar would be quicker. He posted a reel and it wasn’t as quick as the bc3 :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Savage lol

If you’ve ridden a barrel you’d probably agree lol

I didn’t see this reel tho, that’s surprising. Which wheel config was it in?

Anyone know what the angle of the tabs are? Looks close to 45 degrees if I were to guess.

1 Like

Where can’t you trust the puck?

Evan said there were like a couple spots in NY, that’s all I have heard

@Evwan where?

I’ve never had a puck DC on me. Vx4? Yes. Meepo? Yes. Hobbywing? Yes.

2 Likes

Ah, us old folks do sometimes misremember things

1 Like

Especially those past their prime :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I could have sworn you said that a while back, maybe it was someone else that said it