This actually isnt too bad. I know Onsra is reputable

1000wh, 40lb, $2650? Math ain’t mathing

2 Likes

Yeah, the price kinda killed me. I think that is brand tax or something

1 Like

I wouldn’t pay a tax for that brand

2 Likes

Especially against a board like the Mboards Endurance

Honestly the velar is going to completely blow the endurance out of the water with part quality. The velar clearly isn’t a value board, but the price just doesn’t make sense.

The endurance is like the Hyundai N of esk8. Sweet internals, but it’s still very much an economy car and the drivetrain collapsing is imminent

This is kinda like a Lexus. You aren’t getting great performance for your money but you’re getting something that had some thought put into it that will (probably, the thing isn’t out yet) last.

2 Likes

I havent been in the Esk8 world long enough to know most of the established history minus what ive been reading when life hasnt been kickin my ass. However, I am here to learn and agree with your sentiments. Its still a bit more uncultured within the Facebook realm, when I lurk over there

2 Likes

Just would like remark that becous of very stiff deck this is AT board not MTB.

1 Like

The camber in the deck looks fucking horrible :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’m a relatively new to esk8 and have been thinking about Velar. Isn’t the fact that you get a 2 year warranty and 1 year warranty on the battery kind of big and plays into the price as well?

My friend got a BC3 and the quality seems great. I bought a secondhand Wowgo AT2 which hasn’t been used much but was just past warranty and I already had to replace like half the board. I’m from northern Europe so that was most of my season.

I know Lacroix is another high quality option, especially with the Barrel SS release but it seems like they’re having supply issues right now and the lead times are somewhat fluid.

I spent quite some time lurking here and was wondering maybe there are other good options I’m not aware of because the price point of Velar seems daunting for sure. I’d grab it in a heartbeat if it was like 500e cheaper though. Maybe going DIY is the way?

1 Like

Hoyt’s tabor / Metroboard pathfinder should be on your radar if you were looking at lacroix. Will be a bit more expensive tho

2 Likes

Thank you for recommendations. I’ve seen Hoyt Tabor already and heard great things, I just can’t get over the visual factor of it. I know it superficial, but it’s not for me. Tabor is also a bit out of my budget for now, especially when including the EU tax. I guess same goes for Metroboards.

Bouncing about with a budget of about 2200e give or take.

1 Like

Are Hoyt and Metroboard owned by the same people? I knew of the new board Hoyt was making but i didnt know there was a board being released in parallel

Hoyt/metro merged a little while back. Now they’re under the same roof with duck battery systems. Distinct companies by products, but together

1 Like

Thanks for the info! That must have been a cool day when they merged
Remember that I am a fledgling guys. Forums dont need to be rough

4 Likes