Onsra Challenger

I like to think he’s not that ignorant about the battery because how are these people designing boards to be safe. The alternative sucks though, people prioritize profit over a solid battery. But we were talking about the molicels being probably a very similar cost to the 50e so who knows lol

2 Likes

What about his website listing 504wh by using the max charge voltage to calculate it. Finally hes added a nominal figure too. I dont know whats right or wrong myself it just seems like he could do with a quick crash course in electronics. The products look ok to me.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

2 Likes

Did a bit more than 30km on my then new ownboard c1s with 10s2p 21700. Slowest mode - 20km/h - that is. No idea if this could end in getting 42km range on 12s2p though.

The right thing is listing only the nominal figure. That’s because the nominal Wh rating takes into account that the voltage of the battery is going to decrease when discharging the cell. The nominal voltage of the battery is the voltage at which the battery has half the energy left. Therefore we use the nominal voltage to calculate the amount of energy the cell can store - at 3.6V you have half the enegy, so in other words you are exactly in the middle of discharging the cell. Multiplying that by the capacity in Ah will give you the amount of energy the battery can store. I completely agree with Fabian needing an electronics crash course.

Listing 504Wh is outright false advertisement in my eyes, even though his intention was likely not that. Most people who are looking to buy a prebuilt don’t know much about batteries therefore they are going to compare the max Wh rating of the board to some other board’s normal (nominal) Wh rating. This will lead to both an unfair comparison and range estimates being ~17% off.

Just saw MrPhilips’s video on the board, he mentioned 504Wh too… People who don’t do the math or don’t know much about batteries will get fooled, and then forward the misinformation.

2 Likes

He says 6kw motors on some boards haha. But then 40amps in the next breath. He says people should like to know what the motor could do maximum. Yeah, if you changed the battery and ESC and wires etc etc.

My 350w ebike can peak 6000w for 3 minutes till it melts lol. Yes i kinda tried it for fun.

If i buy a Honda type R it says 220bhp and i know what to expect and how it will compare to other cars. I dont want to know it can be 350bhp with nitrous.

I second a vote to get the board minus the battery for diy.

Im sure on one of his uphill tests with this new battery he starts to bog down and the camera cuts to him at the top lol

1 Like

All motor figures and battery ratings have been revised on his website. Must have got bored of YouTube comments lol

3 Likes

Had my onsra for 130km and then it stopped charging… ive sent it back to the shop. I beleive it may be an issue with the charger port melting

1 Like

I picked up a challenger about a month ago
And been using it as my daily commute board replacing my Ninebot G30 scooter

The electric skateboard scene is just getting started where I live(Taipei, taiwan) so aside from TeamGee there aren’t any real choices.
It was about the the time I started looking for a board that Onsra worked out a deal with a skateboard distributor in Taipei and established them as an authorized reseller.
So given that’s it’s the only esk8 with warranty here aside from the teamGees, it was a logical choice.

So far so good. Got the 120mm clouds as road conditions aren’t great here
Learning to carve and enjoying the experience.

3 Likes