Onewheel Build Guide [Continuation from "old" forum]

2 Likes

Theres probably one guy who designed the hub 10 years ago and every manufacturer copied it, hence the same outer cover and design.
I think pei has multiple sources, depending on cost and availability.

@badname @Beardicus
I bought doomy’s hub (it was his secret santa gift)
Worst customer service I had to deal with in years. They sent his package to the wrong address. He got lucky in the end. If you buy from pei, make sure you’ve got payment coverage (I bought through AliExpress). Took me months of work to deal with the missing package

I’ve had two tracking numbers, and pictures of two different boxes so far…will be an interesting journey…will cancel if it doesn’t ship in 1-2 weeks and buy from fungineers site…

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. Last resort I can request a chargeback with my credit card. Just can’t let it drag out longer than 90 days.

@Jopj @Beardicus My brother got his “48v” 800w wheel and the KV measured almost the same at 16.3kv as what I had calculated here for my 36v 800w version : Redpinelabs funwheel

New batch if anyone needs one.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Guys who are running “48V” wheels from phub, what speeds are you getting and at what battery (12S/13S)? Would love to compare everyone’s results.

1 Like

Is the fun wheel controller you’re selling include a vesc, or is it the arduino?

1 Like

The controller @Fungineers sells is a Cheap FOCer 2 It’s a VESC 6 based ESC and compatible with VESC software.

2 Likes

Finally doing things.

Wanted to know how fast it would go on 12S

3 Likes

Hello guys! A stupid question? Managed to break one of my hall sensors a few days ago, it’s a wheel from fungineers shop, I guess it’s pretty much the same as the Phub motors…

The problem is that there is 2 different types of hall sensors and one of them is impossible to find data sheets for…

A: SS41F
B: N606-015 or N606015
C: SS41F

SS41F is easy to find

N606015 No luck at all,

My question is? Shouldn’t it be 3 of the same for hall sensors? Will it work?

2 Likes

While I was attempting to wire up my hall sensors I accidentaly sent 10.0V in instead of 5V

During the sad unplug and set to 5V and plug back in I thought about replacing the whole hall PCB with a custom one.

I feel like the a custom PCB could be ordered easily with the required components and function perfectly, hope you can try to get that one working too in any case.

oh it worked fine though phew!

Yeah, the pcb is fully intact, just curious about the different one in the middle, A - B - C

A is a bipolar sensor
B maybe a Unipolar sensor?
C is a bipolar sensor

I’m in a hurry as always and have already ordered a few with the right specs except the one in the middle, I’ve googled far and wide about hall sensors and their function in hub motors, but no luck,

The only thing I managed to find is that motors often run with 3 of the same “number” sensors,

I’m running Cheap FOCer 2 and I think that replacement may work, I’ll try and see what the results will end up,

3 Likes

FIY to anyone searching or thinking of using it, the onewheel V1 hub motor is proving difficult to drive.

What I have learned about the motor so far:
https://entsun.com/doc/future-motion-signs-supply-agreement-with-electric-torque-entsun-10610627

Onewheel, which will be commercially available in fall of 2014, uses ETM’s patented transverse-flux motor (TFM) technology to power their product without use of gear-reducers or belts. The development of ETM’s revolutionary transverse-flux technology allows Onewheel to incorporate the motor inside the single tire, providing smooth performance and a simple sleek design.

ETM motors enable high pole counts with very low winding resistance. This results in motors that produce unusually high continuous torque per size and weight, while matching or exceeding industry leading peak torque output.

1597603987016-flux2 (1) 1597603940553-flux

1 Like

The hall sensor replacement seems to be working great!

3 Likes

Which sensor type did you use? Are all 3 sensors the same?

Honywell SS41 sensor, Yes all 3 the same.

1 Like

Hey guys!

I am building a Custom Onewheel pint with the original motor+ trampa vesc 6

But I have trouble with the Hall sensor detection…

It always says ‘sensor misalignment’

I used 5V and 3,3V sensor voltage

Maybe you could help me?

1 Like

I was not sure what was up with that because I could read them but I always got the misalignment error after running hall_analyze. (v1 hub but still)