One Motor Not Spinning After Successful Motor Setup

Just gave it a shot but you are right, the vesc will clear all faults after a power cycle, plus i re-did the firmware update to clear anything and still no luck.

I also plugged the non-working vesc in the working motor, completely redoing the motor setup and app setup as a single vesc system just to test the individual vesc and still the vesc is blinking red LED after i do the motor/app config.

Yes, i have and everything seems good. the motor is actually working, just making a very weird white noise that is not smooth like the other motor and this dident happen until after the FOC motor wizard.

Yes, i can still completely connect to the vesc properly with full success, thats what is confusing me into thinking its not a DRV error (which is usually what happens after running 12S on FOC).

By the way i want to thank all of you so much for helping me out. i really appreciate it so much.

thats odd…

is there any visible damage on the vesc chips?

well that depends :smiley: 12s foc on my mtb and several thousand km without problem. (also TB 4.12 vesc)

Usually it’s app config settings.

No visible damage on any of the components of the vesc, here are some images below:

Lol after what i just expierenced with FOC i think im contemplating sitting this one out but i cant resist :joy:

im super jealous though i need to figure out how to use the FOC mode witout destroying everything :sweat_smile:. Once i get my new vesc and motor in the mail from TB i will try FOC again using the Ackmaniac ESC Tool. I’m sure that everything will run smoothly then.

But in the mean time i need to figure out how to connect the VESC Wand using the Ackmaniac ESC Tool, is this possible?

1 Like

its usually like always. Keep your settings in mind and don’t use settings your vesc can’t handle.

I’ve set 45 battery amps and 70A for the Motors.

i don’t see why not. Ack has the NRF tab too. Although i have no clue how you set the wand up or what the requirements are for it.

before you do it it’s probably the best to list all your specs once you have all your parts ready, so we can check what suits you best settings wise.

@Bjarbz Look for Can status message on both vescs. Could help you.

1 Like

@Bjarbz Did you end up fixing this? I have the exact same issue.

Just noticed your reply. The DRV chip on the VESC was burned out from what I believe to be one of the motor phase wires accidently came apart when riding causing a short.

I replaced the TB VESC with a Flipsky VESC that I found on amazon and everything worked

1 Like