One day build, model 2. Odashi 44/ 3 links/ tanuki printed hubs/ lipos 12s-21s/ makerx escs TbD

@Boardnamics like this,

That’s what I was thinking.

2 Likes

All 8, 3s packs fit perfectly if you massage the shrink wrap. @tomiboi

I’m going to leave the front compartment open for snacks for now. Post your favorite candy, wrong answers only and I’ll do my best to outfit the compartment with it.

3 Likes

3 Musketeers

1 Like

Mike Arzamendi shared a post on Instagram: "I don’t fuck up with as much when friends help. #igetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends #esk8 #desert #dontfuckitup #diyhomedecor". Follow their account to see 634 posts.

1 Like

3 Likes

I have half the lipos, motors, and esc’s installed, taking up half the enclosure.

Wheel bite is significant. I also snapped off a usb c port on a unity. I wanted to cry.

I rode it around the block, carefully.

Still looking for a matching heat sink for the front.

Worst case, I’ll grab an mboards sink, unless someone knows of a source for a esk8.news universal sink or one with similar dimensions.

4 Likes

Flap disc on a grinder makes short work of removing frit.

That Odashi is a fuckin beeeaaasssst

1 Like

Clearance is fine. Smaller 165mm pneumatic tires, stretched even, bite the deck. I guess I get make an offset hardware plate to set the trucks farther out.

Edit: removed link :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

If you using unity i can cut you a deal on one of these, not exactly matching, but can do it chep chep

3 Likes

It going to be really, really heavy if 4wd. 50lbs plus.

30ah of 12s lipos, large heat sinks, longer board, printed hubs are pretty heavy compared to mbs hubs. And there are the larger motors.

I’m going to get it buttoned up and tuned with gearing for 2wd and slowly work toward 4wd.

Thanks, but I need to get off the unity train and try a spintend or a maker-x HV set up.

1 Like

My plan is to use a front extension to get the tire clearance also. My deck ships this weeks so I’ll be able to start figuring that out once it’s here.

I’ll probably mock it up with a simple piece of aluminum or wood to figure out the distance needed and then I may have a piece CNCd or even made by send cut send for it.

Have you found an extension or are you making one?

Gonna make one. I think with slightly wider axles, offset hubs, the extension should not be excessively long. Or hang off the rear of the deck.

2 Likes

Oh thats cool. Thinking of extending the axels? Only ones I know of are the etoxx extensions or is there another option?

1 Like

On the Odashi I trimmed down the shoulders and hips a bit on the most current version to reduce wheel-bite. With 3-links that deck is probably awful. It’s the old version. You’ll most likely need extensions to get good turning.

2 Likes

I have a matching sink and the batteries and motors.

When I live alone, I’ll finish this small job.

2 Likes

@Arzamenable any updates on this odashi?

It’s chilling till spring. Have trucks, motors, and half the esc’s. Close enough until the thaw. :+1:

2 Likes

*chilling till this spring. I never said which year :grimacing:

3 Likes