🖼 ON THIS DAY . . .

Learned to crimp (or rather , half crimp+solder) DuPont plugs.

1 Like

The mighty Craptor! Was just a deck swapped Raptor, but man that deck was so much nicer than the stupid raptor deck. Bustin EQ 36

12 Likes

2 years ago, it was the eve of the last time I would ever ride in a costume with a tail. on 23 October 2020, my dinosaur tail got caught in my tires.

Mind your tails this Halloween friends, or it might be your last. :skateboard::t_rex::jack_o_lantern::skull:

11 Likes

1 year ago today marks the first real ride I took on my DIY, 16 miles and ended by inching my way up a hill and running out of battery rolling up to my pickup point. That board has gone through so many iterations at this point it’s completely unrecognizable :rofl:. As long as I have a single component from a previous iteration I’m considering it the same board!

Edit: Funnily enough I just (functionally) finished up my mountain board yesterday, which makes it basically exactly 1 year from my first to my second build :smile:. Build thread updates coming soon :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

On this day 3 years ago I broke my first esk8. Evolve decks suck ass.

8 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

but specifically, their decks are one of their hardware that are particularly terrible and nobody should use.

I would even go so far as to say it’s a legitimate safety hazard to trust the wood evolve ships. At least their motor mounts , wheels and shitty attitude can’t kill people.

Also now realizing it’s been over 3 years since I was riding a GTR and thought 10s and DKP trucks weren’t so bad.

I should really be moving on to more and better builds than just 12s RKP with gears.

1 Like

Maybe I just ride slow but 12s with most modern vescs and a solid battery is generally capable of 40mph with solid acceleration. Idk if that’s ever gonna feel like not enough for me

1 Like

My battery is 4p of LR2170LA, so that’s pretty solid. My lack of speed comes from using 170kv modors and 2.78 gear ratio, so I have more torque than I ever need but I top out at a low top speed.

1 Like

7 years ago at an ripe old age of 36 with a 6 month old child, I hadn’t been on a skateboard for a good 14 years (graduated college where I used it mostly for transportation), and the last time I was on a board for a long time was at 28 when I sat and rolled on my Element while painting the baseboards of our new house. Saw this cheap Acton Board at Best Buy and just out of curiosity I taped the parts onto a longer deck and my esk8 journey began.

I love how I said “I’m not really looking for range or speed” and “10-15mph and 5 mile of range” was enough :joy:

10 Likes