Omni Esk8 Gear Drives and other stuff???

Had anyone seen this?

Who are these people?

8 Likes

These tires look niceā€¦

3 Likes

Gear drives for 10mm motor shafts :eyes:
Havenā€™t seen many of those.?

1 Like

Neat gear drive, but they do not have an angular contact bearing. Also they are steel on steel. Both of these downsides match BN m1, so why would I prefer this design over BN m1 style.

I guess these are for DKP, and TKP like idea drives so thereā€™s a market. I just donā€™t get why they designed it like newbee drive but used metal gears? They donā€™t look small like superbeast drives so small wheels are still out.

3 Likes
1 Like

helpful lol

5 Likes

Liars.

9 Likes

Scott Davis is doing his 1st DIY with lots Omni stuff ā€¦

3 Likes
3 Likes

Deck is almost an exact copy of the Meepo Hurricane deck.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Seems cool if you wanna trick out your production board

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see these design facets make their way into other gear drives.

• hole in mounting plate big enough to fit pinion through - fuck yes.
  • D-shafts - yeah sure, why not. Donā€™t have to mess with a key or be paranoid about it falling out and destroying the gears. Is there a downside?
  • Motor mount bolts are rotated 45 degrees from BN drives. phase wires exit at a pleasing angle.

7 Likes

Only one I could think of is that it would be harder to upgrade motors, and youā€™d still need either a grub or loctite

Very fair point. I canā€™t think of many esk8 motors with D shafts except maybe maytech and flipsky? Iā€™m sure reacher would make them for you, but nobody has done it yet. Seems like weā€™re stuck with motor keys for now as the default standard.

1 Like

I like the look of these. They have some decent looking wheel hubs on their site too. Not totally my cup of tea but more options for people is always good.

1 Like

Yeah dude. Those hubs are kinda hideous if you askmeā€¦

I guess the black ones are not a horrible price if someone wants to get into these.

I really wonder what type of folks will want to buy these drives.

3 Likes

Probably the ā€œuninformed publicā€ that is only really aware of off the shelf brands like Meepo etc. and want to mess with their factory board. Iā€™m all for people tweaking and customizing but I dunno about these things.

2 Likes

Looking at the assembly it seems like there is some opportunities for regular folks to fuck shit upā€¦

Iā€™d probably break theseā€¦

1 Like

Apparently this is the same guys who did the Meepo gear driveā€¦

2 Likes