Offering my searching service

OK Thanks.

1 Like

Alrighty @KaramQ I’m gonna put your skillz to the test. I need a 20”x4” fat bike laced front wheel, bonus points if it comes with a tire. I can’t find this shit anywhere short of ordering from China.

2 Likes

Need a search term for something I want

Basically, it’s an insert. I want to drill a hole through the deck, insert the insert through the top and have a sort of thin lip that stops it from falling through (like you’d do with a bolt and a washer but nicer looking)

Maybe @b264 would know?

1 Like

Riv nuts?

3 Likes

Don’t you need a rivet gun for those?

2 Likes

Not really, with a long screw and two nuts you can install them, tighten the two nuts against one another and flush against the rivet and thread the screw in.

1 Like

Cool. Do you know if a bolt can be inserted from the opposite end of the rivnut? These would be installed from the top of the deck but I’d be screwing the bolt from the bottom (I want a maximum of security)

1 Like

you are right though, these nuts are for sheet metal and compress when you tighten them i believe, or with a rivet gun (not sure actually).

1 Like

Yep. This is what I used on all my boards in 2016-2017. I just use wood inserts now.

3 Likes

4kwb52

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure either way works

2 Likes

T-nuts maybe

Sex bolts or sleeve nuts maybe?

2 Likes

Sex bolt or female barrel nuts is correct

What about a miniature selfcentering thumbwheel throttle rocker switch with 5k linear resistor ?

And what are your trics for searching?
I can be quite obsessive when I am convinced what I look for should exist, but finding it is another matter…
VPN to ensure matching regional coverage?
Multilangual input?
Good with search strings parameters?

@walter i usually go down a rabbit hole of related words and eventually manage to mashup all the correct words to get to the product

are these what you mean?

digikey

1 Like

Not sure about the miniature part

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/throttle-pot-assembly-pride-legend-sc300-maxima-sc940.html

1 Like

I do the same, but also sort the hits by ‘images’ a lot since when its a more obscure search.

Like the model found by @b264 a lot, easy to adopt by redneck-glueing and modding.
Prefer 3D-printing a housing but due to the iterative nature of getting satisfying result dislike that path because I don’t have acces to a 3Dprinter.

Viable!
Sturdy, will survive plenty of bailings, not the flimsy playstation switch.
Size is managable, the ears can be cut off probably.

Look at the middle product in my image :wink:

1 Like