Off topic, debate , i don't agree

I would choose different Motors+mount+remote+deck. And for a few items, same items but much cheaper links. Also I didn’t have a problem with the post just the part of the title:“cheap AF”, if you didn’t get that.

My point is all opinion needs to be heard, so I welcome you and Mike questioning mine, so that people can judge for themselves.

I just skimmed the article yesterday and I must admit that I understand it differently. My bad, sorry for bitching. I saw more expensive parts in the article and automatically assumed they are part of the build. My bad.

Actually it might be a fun to try build cheapest board possible to ride. Might try it. But it will take me few months to get all the parts from china and I will have to finish other boards first.

1 Like

It should be noted that yes there are cheaper places to buy some of these parts, but this list gives businesses to esk8 vendors that are pushing our community forward and not to Chinese companies that give two shits about us.

Put it together and post it. Different perspectives are valuable. There’s more than one way to skin a cat (and no, we don’t want to see what those are.)

3 Likes

At the beginning of the article I said 2 things…

1. All of the parts listed are easy to source and ship quickly
  2. Here’s a quick and dirty tutorial on how to make a budget build happen for around 500 bucks

I think I did that. After reading 20 messages about how this and that are wrong, but not wrong, but wrong…I still think I did that.

I also said “Feel free to substitute gear of similar value. You may not like what I’ve listed for one reason or another and that’s fine. In fact, I encourage you to make your own choices as long as you do the research needed.”

Unless you see a mistake, have some useful critique on a piece of gear or install process, please stay on topic. The entire reason this post exists is to make it possible for new builders to build faster & better and more importantly to know what questions to ask. All the garbage posts make that difficult for new builders.

6 Likes

Ill start with a random thing.

@Halbj613

You asked the other day about flexible enclosures & batteries.
Someone posted some today and i wanted to tag you so you knew what they typically look like. But i didn’t wanna start a conversation in a 4sale thread.

Second enclosure down. The one that fit a trampa. Its in segments, as would the battery that fits in it making the battery a flex pack as well.

Im gonna start bugging you to make sure you learn somthing every week.lol

6 Likes

they’re nice enclosures but i’m confused on what to do for my build. :joy: i want to build an emtb cause my family goes up to tahoe a lot and it would be nice, but i’m confused!!!

Idk? As is as far as i know/ understand loopkeys are the only thing that’s reliable atm

Build what you’re gonna use the most

ik. i just have a huge want to build to make an emtb.

edit: plus i’d use it a lot, not as much as a street board, but a lot.

My priority build is a lightweight point A - B board personally. Just something that works. Might not be great for group rides, or racing. But it gets me to the store and back.

Next is something i can take on group rides and keep up.

Emtb is at the end of this list. But thats just me. I don’t have areas i frequent enough to justify a $1200 + off road board coming first.

thanks, i think i’ll just make a point a - b board next and then work on an emtb if I have money in my wallet. (or where I hide it from my brother)

Are e-switches included in BMS unreliable as well? I’ve been using my e-switch for almost a year without any problems. The additional cost of having a BMS with one is around the same as a dedicated anti-spark.

Someone more intelligent will come along and explain why but yes, bms switches are reliable for the most part

1 Like

My understanding is yes? But they tend to be bigger and space is valuable in esk8.
Not sure why otherwise that’s not a more popular route.

1 Like

You’ve taken all the fun out of derailing a thread dude.

Also its confusing me.

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily for every time but for when you really want to dive into a conversation

To slow
Was gonna wait but I’m going to bed

I love that though. Thats conversation. If its stupid trolling then fine but anything within a thread is part of that thread. Some of the most fun back and forths have come out of the blue and give the forum its personality. Just my 2 cents brother.

Sorry, wife was standing in the doorway of the bedroom in next to nothing glaring at me cuz I was staring at my phone waiting for your response last night lol. Had to put it away.

I definitely don’t want this thread to be used for every time people go off topic.

And it’s not something I expect or want the mods to enforce at all

This is more for when you’re on somebody else’s thread talking to somebody (that’s not the op) and want to finish an argument that isn’t related to said thread.

I love it when certain threads go off topic. I do it alot. But it does irritate me in certain threads. Like how too threads and sales threads.

If I see a for sale thread with a bunch of items has 83 posts I’m probably not going to even bother to see what’s still available.

6 Likes