Nose Job for the Defiant (One)

Wanted to see how the beast would feel with a little more twitch up front. Board has been fun and stable cruising 25-30 mph carving around the neighborhood, but wanted a little more turn than I was getting - front truck at max angle and soft bushings 85D or so.

Wondered what would happen with a TKP up front. Ready to pull the trigger on the Savage… and then there were none; but Surf Rodz has stuff…

177 10mm Hex Hanger
Adj Baseplate
80mm Axles - eventually swapped for 10->8 step downs from BN
and this happened…

Works surprisingly well; especially maneuvering at low speeds. Still as stable as ever up to ~30 mph - even running soft bushings, loose - Soft Surf Rodz barrel road side/big Jimz stepped board side. It is set up sloppy loose for my 240 lbs, but was fine at my normal cruising speeds - which was a pleasant surprise - may leave it that way for a while.
Little more reactive - pretty sure being ~3" narrower up front matters, but no wheel bite issues; and nowhere near a wobble so far. It’ll be fun for a while - we’ll see how it behaves when the pneumatic wheels come in.

Oh… really like the Mad Wheelz on this board.

6 Likes

If you want nicer TKP’s, i have a set of savage1 TKP hangers i’m considering selling, or IDEA sells SR compatible hangers.