Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I have two boards running one sensored and one sensorless, both with dual receivers. It works just fine.

1 Like

Trying to run it using canbus. I donā€™t have enough receivers.

1 Like

I suspect that would work, but I never personally tried it.

1 Like

Will post results here when I get chance.

1 Like

Hey Brian, I have in my possession 2 320mm tb belts. One is brand spanking new and 1 is 5000kā€™s down. Guess which one is about 1.5mm longer?

@Dareno Photos, my friend. In the Synchronous Timing Belts thread. Measurements, evidence.

1 Like

Question: my loop key just sparked and burnt after 10 times of use. Did I got the fake xt90s from amazon?

I got this setup on my board with canbus and the slave is sensored and the master is unsensored. Traction Control is enabled too. It works great and I donā€™t need to push off to go.

1 Like

Does your loop key have the green stripe and say ā€œAmassā€ molded into the plastic?

Yes 10 char.

Yes it has amass and green stripe.

1 Like

The most likely thing I can think of is you might have ridden the board without it being completely pushed in all the way. That will burn up the resistor, and on the next use will cause a spark.

Just make a new key and make sure itā€™s fully inserted each time.

5 Likes

I totally did that when doing test drive. I didnā€™t know not fully inserting would cause that. Thank you!

1 Like

I would avoid plugging in the damaged key any more so that you donā€™t damage the male side in the board. If itā€™s already plugged in, leave it plugged in until you make a new key. Just make sure the battery isnā€™t left to dieā€¦

If itā€™s not already in, I would discard it and not use it

1 Like

Nah I wonā€™t. It smells terrible now. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

ANOTHER DRV QUESTIONā€¦ Sorry!
Hi guys sorry to ask what looks like a common question. But Iā€™ve searched the forums n canā€™t find an example quite like mineā€¦
I am running a sk8 6374 149kv motor in foc on a 4.10 turnigy vesc latest firmware, set up using latest vesc tool. Been running foc for ages. However sometimes when I brake to a stop on a hill, the brakes suddenly release right at the last second.
Realised today vesc was throwing a DRV error when this happens.
Anyone know what causes this, got any solutions or ideas to try?
Fairly confident my Max and min settings are well within safe limits and I didnā€™t pull more than 50 motor amps (-25) on my last adventureā€¦

Dunno but would try to reproduce the issue in BLDC mode see if itā€™s something strictly related to running in FOC mode just to narrow things down (also know FOC isnā€™t 100% on the 4.x hardware, but have been running it myself as well in the last few months without issue either).

Thanks will give it a go!

I just setup my dual FESC 6.6 from flipsky following this great article http://esk8.news/how-to-ackmaniac-esc-tool/

My question is about modes. Iā€™m using the flipsky vx1 remote and it has 3 modes. Does switching modes (say to ā€œlowā€) just limit the signal from the remote? Or does it tell the esc to use less power? Do I need to program what the modes ā€œmeanā€ to the esc? Also how do the modes set by the remote relate to the modes you can configure with the ackmaniac Android app? Are they all the same thing?

1 Like

@mmaner ^

1 Like