Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I totally did that when doing test drive. I didnā€™t know not fully inserting would cause that. Thank you!

1 Like

I would avoid plugging in the damaged key any more so that you donā€™t damage the male side in the board. If itā€™s already plugged in, leave it plugged in until you make a new key. Just make sure the battery isnā€™t left to dieā€¦

If itā€™s not already in, I would discard it and not use it

1 Like

Nah I wonā€™t. It smells terrible now. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

ANOTHER DRV QUESTIONā€¦ Sorry!
Hi guys sorry to ask what looks like a common question. But Iā€™ve searched the forums n canā€™t find an example quite like mineā€¦
I am running a sk8 6374 149kv motor in foc on a 4.10 turnigy vesc latest firmware, set up using latest vesc tool. Been running foc for ages. However sometimes when I brake to a stop on a hill, the brakes suddenly release right at the last second.
Realised today vesc was throwing a DRV error when this happens.
Anyone know what causes this, got any solutions or ideas to try?
Fairly confident my Max and min settings are well within safe limits and I didnā€™t pull more than 50 motor amps (-25) on my last adventureā€¦

Dunno but would try to reproduce the issue in BLDC mode see if itā€™s something strictly related to running in FOC mode just to narrow things down (also know FOC isnā€™t 100% on the 4.x hardware, but have been running it myself as well in the last few months without issue either).

Thanks will give it a go!

I just setup my dual FESC 6.6 from flipsky following this great article http://esk8.news/how-to-ackmaniac-esc-tool/

My question is about modes. Iā€™m using the flipsky vx1 remote and it has 3 modes. Does switching modes (say to ā€œlowā€) just limit the signal from the remote? Or does it tell the esc to use less power? Do I need to program what the modes ā€œmeanā€ to the esc? Also how do the modes set by the remote relate to the modes you can configure with the ackmaniac Android app? Are they all the same thing?

1 Like

@mmaner ^

1 Like

Yes, low mode is typically 70% of total, medium is 85% and hi is 100%Q.

2 Likes

How do you get the beta values for a motor?

TB 218s hangers will fit on Caliber baseplates without any issues. I have tried it myself. Beware that the hangers is fatter, so if you are using standard Caliber clamps, it might not fit unless you file down the TB hangers a bit.

What are these connectors called and where to find them?

These are getting harder to find. I got mine from Skullboard, but theyā€™ve been sold out for a while.

Does the FSESC 6.6 plus(pro switch)'s inbuilt antispark work well or does it blow up after a few uses?

2 Likes

Do you guys generally loctite your motor pulleys in place? Seems like a potentially bad idea if you wanna play with belt tensioning. Are there any parts people generally DO NOT loctite? Iā€™ve read all kinds of different preferences, some say loctite EVERYTHING, some say only this, not that. Iā€™m wondering specifically about motor pulleys really though, thanks.

woops, edit, I meant the screws that mount the motor to the motor mount. Those ones are used for belt tensioning with my current setup.

I use a key way so only blue loctite on the grub screw

Edit: usedā€¦ currently have no motors to put pulleys on anymore

1 Like

Think worth putting loctite on the screws you still have time to adjust if using blue loctite and can wrench them loose but once cured wonā€™t easily vibrate out. Donā€™t want them coming out and motor mount getting loose or can slam the motor into your trucks or have screws go between the belt and pulley all sorts of not awesome mayhem.

Motor mount screws, YESSS

Pulley, only once you have it dialed-in. You should still have a key and grubscrews holding it prior to that.

I donā€™t recommend not using a key.

I use Loctite 290 (green). Not sure what others use.

If you use 290 on a motor shaft where the pulley is, you cannot remove the pulley unless you use a heat gun to get it to 300Ā°F (148Ā°C) first. So make sure you are 95% sure it doesnā€™t need to come apart again.

3 Likes

Iā€™m using 245 blue. Thanks @b264 just curious, whatā€™s a reasonable range for a test run before loctiting the motor mount screws (just to make sure I donā€™t need to adjust anything)?AKA how quickly will vibrations knock those suckers loose?

1 Like