Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thatā€™s definitely FLUOR GREEN. Motip has spray paint in cans in this color:

https://www.google.nl/shopping/product/1?q=fluor+groen+lak&client=safari&hl=nl-nl&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&sxsrf=ACYBGNSIv37dnoT6XCOmL5Ns4LpH8c7sOw:1578950680790&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:5159494428134591805,paur:ClkAsKraX-lx1GI8mraWMwwSFmxLP9YGTU0lPVUsS_d_QTuNmJlnNH3JpZOdDNeHJmv9z7DdVhkDJr5nzbGEwUqB_VmnGOmtnFuG21uwggXwGOrIhS7iz7YE_hIZAFPVH715HbchpCiBpW79q3TBSDnUgg27Tw,prmr:1,pid:5159494428134591805,cs:1

2 Likes

nahhhā€¦Monata calls this color shock blue light!
The problem in giving names to colors is you can give it any name you want, but there are a few colors pll worldwide use to be much clearer.
CMYK for example.!
Here the SHOCK BLUE LIGHT hahahahaha

@City-Blade-101 You talk about the urethane but he asked the color of the core. Iā€™m a graphic designer so if this were print work I would call it PMS 802C which is indeed Fluor green. Oh and Fluor colors cannot be made with CMYK, I know because Iā€™m twenty+ years in this business. :blush:

5 Likes

lmao sorry ahhahaha didnt realize it was the core color :see_no_evil:
stupid me, sorry!
just wanted to be helpful

3 Likes

NP :ok_hand:t2: We all misread things

4 Likes

Itā€™s here

1 Like

Your name is pretty on pointā€¦ You need to flash that thing :smiley:
I have 0 experienced with unity but lots of experience with VESC 4.x and roughly same brains (STM32 based chip) inside. If there is a st-link port (there ought to be) then you can use an st-link cable or USB adapter+wires, and believe 4 connections (RST, SWDIO, GND, and SWCLK) then can write the firmware directly to the STM chip bypassing the built in USB port and USB to serial interface (typically an FTDI or silicon labs chip). If the USB and UART interfaces are down ST-link is the last ditch effort to flash firmware and bootloader. Barring that replacing the ESC(s) (itā€™s a 2 in 1) is the way to go, believe Deodand on the forum was the last working on the unity and maybe can seek him out for help.

how would i gain access to the st-link

i hardly understood what you said could you dumb it down a bit for me please and thank you

1 Like

You plug that green thing called an ā€œst-link adapterā€ like $10 into the st-link port then can use the st utility (a windows program from STMicroelectronics the company behind the STM chip)

With the adapter and utility you can flash binary firmware that has been compiled already for that chip and board (assuming you can get the firmware binary from enertion or just use a VESC firmware with it but have my doubts using anything but made for unity firmware). The st utility and and St link just allow you to get around the USB or uart connections and flash firmware directly (assuming you have or can get that firmware).

With the utility and adapter you can also easily back up the firmware or all the data on the flash memory on the stm32 chip.

Edit I may have it plugged into the sensor port instead of st-link port in the image was just throwing it together to show the adapter really just FYI if anyone sees this image.

1 Like

thatā€™s really helpful thank you, i might wait to see what @Deodand thinks.

1 Like

Is arcboards on the forum?

2 Likes

@ArcBoardsEV

Hey guys,

I promise soon enough Iā€™ll be able to hopefully answer some of these noob questions as opposed to only asking themā€¦ :/. Anyhow Iā€™m working on an AWD build with 4 90kV TB DD motors. Using a 12s6p battery back and two dual vesc6s. My question being when I program the vescs should I set the motor max at 60A? Or 30A. Is the setting per motor or for in this case the two together hooked up to each VESC. I know the VESC can handle up to 200A continuous but the battery would be approx 120A. Or is my math off somewhere. Thanks a lot again.

Battery is total for each vesc, motor is individual. If you want total 120A battery, then set 60A per dual vsec6 (or whatever bias front/rear you want) and motors can be 60A each. Motor max doesnā€™t affect battery draw, mostly just low speed torque.

1 Like

Thank you!

What BluPenguin said - With the dual vescs, set the battery max for both halves combined. Motor max can far exceed battery max with no ill effects - It primarily affects low speed acceleration and torque, so Iā€™d set motor max to maybe 60 or 80, and battery max to 60 - Since the battery current is split and the motor current is not, it comes out to 30 battery amps per wheel, and 60-80 motor amps per wheel.

1 Like

40kph was also top speed from new. so dont think its something about how clean it was.

@MysticalDork @ahrav my understanding is what you just said isnā€™t actually the case

the battery current limit is per wheel and the motor current is as well.

if you put in 30a battery limit, and you have 2 motors, 60a can be drawn from the battery.

you can safely put a higher motor limit than the battery limit, and this wonā€™t cause the battery limit to be exceeded, but it will increase the torque at lower speeds. (constant motor current draws a different battery current at every speed, and it takes less battery current to supply the same motor current at lower speeds than higher speeds)

hereā€™s an example:

^blue line is the motor current and black line is the battery currentā€¦ it can be seen that it takes less battery current to supply the same motor current at lower speeds and torque is directly proportionally to the motor currentā€¦ no load speed is where the red line crosses above the yellow line.

1 Like

Which carrier is cheapest to send a small package from US to EU?
(Sending a Focbox)