Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

not directed at anyone in particular, but as one matures, one does come to the realization that there are indeed many ways to solve a particular situation, and, based on circumstances one solution, does not apply in all random circumstancesā€¦

and as as the bard said, so, many, many years ago said ā€œYouā€™re not the smartest monkey on this boat!ā€

2 Likes

I mean I can make it go in reverse by using current mode in either, but thatā€™s not the reverse with brakes that I want that only comes from VX1 UART reverse mode

yeah its like i said. Reverse only works in one of the 2 variants. Either its UART or PPM. Seems to be UART but you use that already, right?

Yeah, I donā€™t like PWM reverse but it works, Iā€™d prefer UART reverse (which should be enabled) but it doesnā€™t work

Well i donā€™t use reverse or UART so i canā€™t test it. But if i remember correctly i also had problems with uart. Not sure if it was reverse at that time or the general connection.

1 Like

I just saw that we both had this conversation months ago.

and

thats where i switched to PPM and never looked back.

1 Like

Lol I love that :joy:

1 Like

Looks like my solution at the time was reloading the VESC firmwareā€¦ Already did that 4 times because even running PWM only runs on side 2 and gives the ā€œold firmwareā€ shit on side 1 :sob:

1 Like

Thats also the reason why i haven updated my board in months. My firmware is 3.52 with vesc tool 1.08 i think from around March. Never got rid of that message but once i got it i never touched it again.

Sticking with a known quantity? I already deleted the older toolā€¦ Just the 1.25 version now :grin:

saved most of them. You never know :smiley:

dd

3 Likes

I managed to sleuth 1.16 out of the interwebs, but does anyone have 1.15?

Does anything bad happen if you downgrade the firmware?

Shouldnā€™t be i assume. You just downgrade and set it up from there. Basically a factory reset.

Wanna zip those files and email them to me? :wink::wink:

1 Like

Sure can do. Once iā€™m back from walking my dog iā€™ll send them over.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll love you forever! Please send to zachtetra@gmail.com?

2 Likes

Either that or iā€™ll upload it to a hoster and send you the Downloadlink via pm. Not sure what Uploadlimit Gmail has.

2 Likes

PM sent.

Use at your own risk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know what Brian, I think Iā€™m just an idiot who anā€™t solder for shit.

Cut off the mt60ā€™s and no more popping sounds or sparks, all lights do as normal now. Looks like I was shorting the phases lol. Donā€™t think I killed it completely.

5 Likes