Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I think i just need to start over on vesc, i dont remember that part

doesn’t this look weird?

do you have a write up on this?

Sorry. I do not. I’m not a vesctool user

its a damn mess what do you use?

Now its showing me this bs even though usb is connecting.

still only one motor will spin with remote. I can get the other to spin while testing in vesc but i can’t get them to even recognize the vesc now wtf

@onebluesummer I use ackmaniac’s fork of the tool. I believe if needed, @mmaner has a good deal of experience with it and would probably be of more assistance than myself

3 Likes

Someone can help me to connect fsesc and motor wifi a controller board?

Your request is super vague, care to elaborate?

1 Like

We need more info here. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You’re gonna need to solder some connectors on that fsesc4.12 so you can power it on first of all…

I have a fsesc to connect in a motor, and bought a board wifi controller to control a skate, but I dobto know where do a connection

It seems you may need to do some more reading. what controller?

I bought on this page in aliexpress
Electric Skateboard Controller Skateboard Driver Board Single-Drive External Sensing Hub Motor Board
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qlwYQR0U

1 Like

Yeah, like Ryansintra said, you need to read more.

Tell you what: take separate pictures of each item and I’ll give you a quick connector lowdown on each photo/item. Two of your items have the same purpose, BTW.

But first, do you know how to solder fairly well?

You will have to be much more specific about what you want/need.

3 Likes

I think he wants to connect the Binary LingYi ESC to the FSESC.

You don’t need both. Both are Motor controller.

Either use the FSESC or the binary esc (the right one)

If you decide to use the fsesc you need a remote for it, because the Remote you have is only for the right Motor Controller.

1 Like

I havnt programmed two vescs in CAN in forever. For the vesc tool guided setup will I connect one at a time or both via USB and can?

I would test it out but my Focboxes are 3 hours away 🤷

For Focbox, I do one at a time with master first, then slave then writes and power off before connecting can cable. Ask me why.

1 Like

hey trying to connect to flipsky dual 6.6 plus to the vesc tool and getting this message

“Could not autoconnect. Make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and that the VESC is powered”

I’m following how they’ve set it up in the video but can’t get it to connect.

Which OS? I had no luck with Win7 but Win10 fixed everything.

1 Like