Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah I did do it, but its a hell of a process and unless you plan on doing more then one deck your better off getting @Sender to do it for you.

@Astro the best way to do something budget thats nice and custom is use automotive paint to paint the top and cut custom grip tape.

2 Likes

why no paint? I was thinking of using a multi colored (purple/black/gray/little bit of pink) spray paint galaxy like background with white glass frit as the stars. I made a design on my ceiling using spray paint that I think would look dope on a board if i got the colors right.

Paint creates a barrier between the epoxy and the deck making it a weak bond.

3 Likes

@yelnats8j @b264 Thanks for clearing everything up for me. One last thing, do you know how much Sender typically prices his designs at or is it design-specific?

I think if you don’t make your own design and send it to spoonflower than you have to contract someone else to do that part as well. I know @mmaner is handy in those ways.

You can also choose from the tens of thousands of designs they already have

5 Likes
4 Likes

Tim and Mike will take care of the design from spoonflower for you once you decide what you want or design something yourself. Typical pricing starts around $175 I believe assuming you don’t want to add carbon fiber or fiber glass to the board also. I honestly looked up pricing to diy it but it’s going to cost about 120 or so just for first time materials. Tim’s work is worth the money and priced quite reasonably.

4 Likes

Anyone know what size grubs these dickyho pulleys take? Waited forever for these and they forgot to send the screws. I swear 1/10 esk8 vendors don’t fuck orders up :rofl::rofl::rofl:=/

I don’t have any, and I don’t know, but I’ve seen enough pulleys to confidently say they are

75% chance M4

20% chance M5

5% chance M3

0% chance FUB

Also the ones in the photo look M4

I think they’re M5 I tried em with one I got lying around but the pitch is different. Will take it to the hardware store tomorrow and try some things out.

1 Like

They might be M4 x 0.7 or M5 x 0.8 then, are you using M4 x 0.5 or M5 x 0.5?

it’s definitely M5, M4 was too small. I’m guessing M5 X 0.8? Could be M5 X 1.0? I’m really not sure, but the thread doesn’t work.

1 Like

I don’t know about Minneapolis but here in Saint Louis there are zero or MAYBE one mom-and-pop hardware store that would have anything like this. Certainly not Home Depot or Lowe’s or Menard’s

I have to order almost everything online.

There should only be two M5 size, normal and fine, or M5 x 0.8 and M5 x 0.5

2 Likes

It’s definitely a pretty niche metric grub that goes in here because it needs to be short af too so it doesn’t stick out of the pulley.

1 Like

Maybe @dickyho knows

1 Like

There actually is ONE, and it happens to be accross the street from me here! And I have bought them out of almost all their metric hardware

1 Like

Having an interesting issue. Both my motors pass foc motor detection and spin fine. When I try and throttle up on the remote one motor spins at like half throttle and the other just cogs and doesn’t spin. All connections are solid as it passes detection and spin fine. Using dual focbox’s and a nano remote.

Probably super simple and I’m missing it but all I’ve had to eat so far today has been like 3 bud lights.

1 Like

What controllers and motors and remote?

1 Like

I figured it out, for some reason it wasn’t apply the hallsensor results. I went to the hall sensors tab and did hall detection and it worked. Like I said something super simple I missed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!

I bet you didn’t actually apply and write it. God knows I have done that shit more times than I care to admit.

2 Likes