Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

yes, the board stays the same. I just apply a Metr mode and its unable to accelerate, just brake. Once the popo is gone i apply my normal mode and its back to normal.

Limiting speed doesnā€™t work due to the motor starting to cog. Motor amps at 0?

1 Like

Try motor amps 1 and see if it goes away if motor amps 0 doesnā€™t work

Will do.

One thing i noticed is that the nano remote somehow changed.

Back when i bought it i had to recalibrate it each time i turned it off. IF i turned it off i had to restart the board otherwise it wouldnā€™t connect anymore.

But now i donā€™t have to calibrate the remote and it connects automatically after being turned off for 10 minutes?? How?

I have no idea. Mine didnā€™t need the throttle flick up and down to connect the few times I used it but I didnā€™t have it long

Iā€™ve set it to 1A but you could hear the motor trying to work. If you spun the wheel and pushed the throttle fully it did a few very slow turns. Iā€™ve set it to 0.1A and that seems to work, brake still brakes.

Next is to test it in RL

2 Likes

Sorry as this probably deserves to be in the noob question threadā€¦ my new build will be a 12s emtb with lipo batteries (still unsure which)ā€¦ I have a 12s 4A charger currently and it works alrightā€¦ def better than the 2A.

Iā€™m probably thinking of doing 4 x 6s lipos (2 in series and 2 in parallel) all connected to a bmsā€¦ also unsure of which one currently.

Can anyone recommend a solution for this to work? Aka specific lipos and a bms that will ideally fit in a 1200 (Or was it 1400?) pelicase? And that would work with this charger (preferably 8A, but 6A is still an improvement to my current 4A). Please and thanks ahead of time!

So I turned on the board and the VX1 ā€¦ hit the throttleā€¦ no motor movement ā€¦

Turned the board off and on again ā€¦ now everything is fine

SHOULD I WORRY?! MAYBE OPEN IT UP AND CHECK EVERYTHING?! :thinking:

[ Why will this close?! ]

If you go to the home page (by clicking the esk8 news logo top left) youā€™ll see a pinned message at the top that you can scroll, it will explain why it will close :blush:
Basically the mods are lazy and canā€™t be bothered to fix a bug :grin:

2 Likes

So iā€™m still designing my mount for my neoboxes. Do you have any ideas to improve v2?

My first version was this:

My second version is this:
To explain what you see. THe bottom red plate is where the neoboxes get mounted to.
The Black pillars act as standoffs. The yellow cirlce within the pillars are insert, the inserts are on both sides!

These are the standoffs with inserts

This is the mounting plate:

Here the standoffs on the mounting plate (not sure if i only do 4 or 6)

Here the bottom of it all with the neoboxes ā€œmountedā€ The yellow circles will be the screws holding the standoffs and plate together.

This is the complete package. On top of all that would be the Lid and air vent of my enclosure.

the end result should look like this:

2 Likes

me personally, Iā€™d de-case them thar poorly designed neothingies, bolt them to a alum. plate heat-sink, with thermal padā€¦ as thin of a pad as you can get with good contact, make a 3d printed case to go over them, and then mount them upside-down in your esc case and have funā€¦

1 Like

Trueā€¦but where do i get a low cost alu heatsink from? 3ds wont fit.

buy alum. plateā€¦ designā€¦ hack-saw, file, and drillā€¦ we are DIYā€¦ are we not?

4 Likes

well yeahā€¦but thats the one thing i wanted to look good on my board :smiley:

okā€¦a tupperware box isnā€™t what i would call good looking

itā€™ll all be mounted discreetly in your elegant tupperwareā€¦

CAD it up and hire a local machine shop to hog it out for you.

1 Like

Yeah or just set your PWM settings so that your max pulse length on your receiver is the center pulse length on your ESC

2 Likes

So true!!!
You should be able to do so with arduino based diy remotes.
Use a button to switch modes or something.
When in cop mode, your throttle wont be read from the remote sensors, and voila.

Should not be that hard to implement!

1 Like

I dream of a supreme remote that includes a horn, window breaker, brass knuckles, fold out hex keys, flash light, integrated slide resistance, and the intelligence to match. Taser is optional.

Swiss army remote, size doesnā€™t matter. Iā€™ll carry a freaking briefcase for all I care.

2 Likes

Louis, please stop taking nonsense. We can only achieve what Discourse allows us to do.