Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

That’s just the way it is. I couldn’t care less about that. My metr whispers me the voltage in my ear when i want it.

also this guy is your best friend. Use him, he wants it.

4 Likes

whats the cheapest solder kit man can buy going with a $20 basic amazon one

fukkit imma just do it

Mine cost 17€ so yeah, thats fine for a while

1 Like

god giving up the vx2 is going to be so painful, fuk its so nice( someone plz before its 2 late)

Also just to confirm what are stock enertion r2.0 motor setup values ? good to know i feel at this point

1 Like

How do I post a [WTB] [US] thread? I don’t see the option. I just want to see if anyone is selling some bergmiesters and pulleys.

It means the range is smaller for same weight pack.

It’s the only bad thing about LiFePO4. I’ve been using LiFePO4 for years on my highest-mileage skates.

You can only go about half as far, but literally everything else about them is better, and they last a really long time.

2 Likes

what do you recomend ? dose the new one come with the split connots so i can avoid using canbus all together x

depends on if you use UART or PWM.

Uart no.

PWM No if you have a metr (for example) to program it on the go.
PWM yes if you don’t.

1 Like

Hi there. I bumped your account so you can post and message freely. To post your parts wanted ad, go here:

https://forum.esk8.news/c/esk8-parts-market/parts-wanted/20

Welcome!

3 Likes

Not to sound rude @mikEEE but it sounds like you need to do some more reading of the forum before continuing further into your DIY journey. I can completely understand your frustrations as I have had my only board on the bench for the last 18 months with no end in sight. I remember when I first joined DIY esk8 I just read everything for a month or two before before even making my first comment, let alone actually building. The information contained here is indispensable, and will allow you to troubleshoot with ease. The search bar is great, and the big brains contained here are also super helpful.

Feel free to send me a PM and we can work through your issues mate :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yah @xsynatic sorry I am using some kester basically same thing it looks like maybe slightly lower rosin content think it says 1.1% but it works well enough.

I use a Weller iron wesd51 that I like but think any iron that gets hot enough can do, hear good things about the hakko as well. I set it to around 400C typically but will bump temp like 20-30 degrees for bigger parts like bullets. I’m also pretty ocd about wiping off the tip in a solder cleaner thing here and try to add a bit of solder to the tip before I let it cool so the tip doesn’t oxidize.

Prefer the kester but these both work fine for me really.

3 Likes

Update whinning sound fixed on motors but no telemtry on vx2

Is it possible, in theory, to have an arduino communicate over canbus and modify settings? (Assuming uart ports have better things to do).
And while doing this, is it possible to connect momentary buttons that short specific pins, adruino reads this and sends specific settings to the esc?
Let’s say the teeny tiniest buttons for:
-killswitch (sets input to none),
-“make my board legal” (limits speed/power),
-hfi on/off,
-battery cutoff to 0 (almost home, walk of shame removal),
or other interesting things you guys can come up with.

My thought is to use completely hidden buttons under unused parts of the griptape, drilled inside the deck. Combine wires with other components like a davega to not raise suspicions to someone opening the enclosure

1 Like

Any chance someone with a VX2 is able to help with getting his telemetry working?

1 Like

Is your setting on VX2 set to VESC or FOCBOX?

focbox

1 Like

Change to vesc. focbox setting is specific to the Unity only.

6 Likes

no u fukin just didint
it worked baby !!!
man i fukin love you guys
its all good now, everything to think if i just gave up id return it
sendin some love to the esk8 community xD

5 Likes

BRUH that’s crazy, I even skimmed through th description on the website and missed that hahahahah

1 Like