Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

correct…but the Evovle R2 is split …using the mini until i can find a really good split that’ll work with Unity. I hear the Maytech has connection issues. is this still true?

i think that’s been solved with the v2 (according to maytech)

1 Like

@Venom121212 does the brake override the acceleration?

What i really dislike is the missing chargeport. Yes it’s waterproof/resistant but then i have to carry a Powerbank + a wireless charger.

i assume no cruise control?

1 Like

Brake overrides acceleration always.

My phone can actually act as a wireless charger which is pretty cool but I definitely understand the desire for a port. The battery life on it is solid. I have to charge it every 15 rides or so, standard ride is averaging 40 minutes.

No cruise control but it feels so good ergonomically that I don’t mind holding the trigger. It feels natural, like peeing outside.

9 Likes

My average rides (with my vesc based board) are usually 2-3 hours per ride :sweat_smile:

tough call honestly…argh.

false - its much improved but I still got cut outs with their new receiver

I was very butthurt about it so I made a thread:

New Maytech “R2” updated receiver and capabilities

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t commute. My only really lengthy rides are group rides with the boostey woosteys

oh yeah i have wireless power share on my phone as well…started a new build today, I’m sorta interested in the Maytech again. The OSRR looks good but i don’t think they are doing a split trigger.

1 Like

that’s the thread I’m talking about…so are you still having problems with it?

I stopped using it entirely. I only us a Nano on all my boards now.

1 Like

Actually, I believe all three options are still on the table.

@DerelictRobot

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ran fine on mine until something maybe happened with the canbus connection.

1 Like

a split trigger OSRR would be siiiick. :grin:

thank you sir

1 Like

Im not personally building a split-trigger remote at this time, but OSRR hardware has 2 analog input ports for joysticks so it could be done. Just not high on my priority list- Trigger style will come before that.

5 Likes

I was riding inbetween classes and noticed my right motor (face up) started to click.

Did one of the magnets come loose?

What size metric hardware (M5, M6, M*) can be used to mount trucks to board?

M5x0.8 is a common replacement.

3 Likes

Is it bad to still ride if one of the magnets is loose?

1 Like