Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah probably. Although as it’s only for a few seconds, you can typically just do it anyway because those charge ratings are for “continuous” and you’ll only be pushing that many amps for a few seconds, once your speed drops your regen current will drop like a rock

But to be 100% to specs, yes, limit it to what the battery is rated for.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian! I’ll go with that for now to keep the lipos safe

Any ideas about the throttle either being entirely on or entirely off?

Posting here as well
 I’m looking for replacements for my belts
 HTD 445-5M 15mm wide: does anyone know where to find them with fast shipping to Italy / Eu? thanks guys!

if anyone has some loose 20700 batteries lying around - how much height would you save on a battery that is staggered stacked rather than straight double stacked?

2 Likes

Do Trampa tires fit on MBS Rockstar Pro hubs?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Use search you dipshit
  • I like voting random shit
  • @Halbj613 hasn’t done a poll in while

0 voters

What tires do you prefer (Hybrid of street and offroad)

• Primo Alpha
  • Mud plugger
  • Trampa treads
  • Primo striker

0 voters

@Venom121212 do you still have the link for the aliexpress tires that you use? (the mbs clones i think?)

Street tread or offroad?

For street, amazon is my go to. Aliexpress is where I find the offroad ones.

1 Like

hybrid. Like the mbs t1 or t3 tires.

Link is dead for me “Page not found”

would these work?

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32950417311.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.9.1e191431F89oCA&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.13338.128125.0&scm_id=1007.13338.128125.0&scm-url=1007.13338.128125.0&pvid=5ca60595-bc74-4ef6-84ab-98d0cbf554f7

Weird, they both work for me. Perhaps because of location.

That looks fine to me. I have only seen 2 notations of tires we ues:

1. Tire diameter x width (200 x 50 you linked is one of those)
  2. Tire wall height - hub diameter (ex. 3.00-4) This indicates a 10" tire because the tire wall height + hub diameter + tire wall height on the other side = 3+4+3 total diameter.

Notation 2 is much easier to use and is seen more frequently especially on aliexpress.

So if you want an 8" (200mm) tire with the same standard 4" hub hole most of our hubs require, the magical search term would be “2.00-4 tire or wheel”

3 Likes

Got it. The second link from you worked. So i might buy them. How are they fit wise, do yours wobble like my mbs ones?

1 Like

I have T3 MBS on my board and i they also wobble like in your vids. Bug or feature ? :thinking:

Edit : 8" T3 MBS on MBS twiststar hubs & rockstar 2

I definitely call that a manufacturing defect. (Those are brand new t3 tires after, picture taken after first ride)

According to MBS a feature. Also running t3 on Rockstar pro hubs.

Quote MBS :

There is no such thing as a perfect Mountainboard wheel though. They will never run perfectly true

and

but our wheels are never going to run true. Mountainboards are not designed to cruise at 40km/h.

The bumps on the road surface are more likely to cause issues at those speeds than the tires/hubs.

2 Likes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let’s get wobbly then.

1 Like

but i want a smooth ride and not like this :

3 Likes

Hmm, my tires wobble more than yours but i have a relatively smooth ride. What is your pressure ? I go for 30 psi and it’s fine on road and dirt.

Yes I’m running -15A per side currently. Mines a 10S3P, has the same settings on 2p.
Lipos may not be as friendly to this but I don’t know. It’s momentary, not continuous, but either way, I’d rather have a short life battery than no brakes

1 Like

i have no idea. I pump them up until they are relatively hard to press in. Do your tires wobble left and right or up and down?

Max their pressure and leave the board upside down. They may just be out of round

That might be it, but honestly i’m pretty noob in this. From what i understand more pressure = stiffer tires, perfect for smooth roads. Less pressure = softer tires = more adherence in mud and uneven conditions.

Not sure if this helps.

@bwahl602 you mean that the fully pumped up tube reformes the tire if its oval shaped for example?

I’ll might buy this to see the exact pressure

1 Like

Honestly it looks less inflated than mine. You should get yourself a pump with a psi gauge, it’s 10/15 € on amazon or in stores. I think inflating the tube can help “reshaping” the tire.

I got this one

Wich works but is a pain in the ass to screw on XD

The max PSI rating is written on the side of the tire, it’s 50 if i remember correctly.

1 Like