Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah, but that is the only thing I know too :-). What about the connection of the risers to the MBS base plate?

Edit: Do you think it is correct as depicted above or not? If so I currently do not have the right screws … seems like they have to be something like 30-35 mm lenght M5?

Go with M5 lens head screws. Countersink in this case is a no no. Measure the depth of the hole to know the right screw length. Btw. Got your hand burned some time ago?

1 Like

Thanks, will give it a shot. I thought there must also be some pictures floating around here where people have done that? However, could not find/locate them when I searched briefly.

(No, but that glue here https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01KHEYLLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is like a flame too.)

How was the ride though?

Like it should. I felt no banding (alteast can’t remember that i have)

2 Likes

For anyone else intersted @Linny has some nice pics for Trampa axles together with the risers from @3DServisas in his Titan build here > Titan | 12s5p 30Q | Trampa Infinity & 6.5 Superstars | 34" Jet Potato | Unity | Torqueboards 6380s | Idea Idler Belt

2 Likes

is there a reasonably priced option for bearings so i can mount mountainboard wheels (superstars, rockstars) onto surf rodz 10mm shoulder bolts? mountainboard bearings have a 28mm outer diameter

Reasonable/cheap is $.50/piece from china. They can ship them pretty quickly/cheaply.

Anything that is more readily available is pretty absurdly priced.

1 Like

Does anybody know if the Bestech D727 has cell balancing? It says so in the description, but has a slash in the specs.

16100 bearing

sweet. these are $6.49 +s&h (thanks @moon) got a link to the bearings from China @RyEnd?

1 Like

Yeah, I guess people pay that much for premium skate bearings, but I’d feel bad spending that much and then abusing them like we do in our application. Imagine trying to get a 22x12 bearing and not being able to wait… those are twice as expensive.

gosh how long would those last 22x12 has smaller balls than i do

I dunno. I only put 20mi on them before switching back to pneumatics, and then I left them at my other place which I won’t see for another few months now…
Once I get them back and the season gets started, I’ll make a real attempt at wearing through them and update y’all.
Being able to run cloud wheels on a MBS mtb is pretty legit though…

1 Like

Did you try that yet? Curious what the motor temps are.

1 Like

Anyone might know why sometimes my data from my focbox might crash while riding?
I have a davega connected to my focbox, but sometimes when riding, it freezes, and stop receiving any data from the esc.
I also have a metr pro connected to the same esc, and it also crashes at the same time as my davega.
Although the data crashes, the whole thing still works fine, and I can still ride my board.
(Connecting both of the devices using a uart splitter)

Took it out just for like 20 mins temp got up to only about 93F. Which isn’t too bad. I personally don’t like AT wheels that much so I swapped them back to Tb110s.

So my sample size is pretty small. Although I was kinda surprised they worked so well with the 90kV motors.

1 Like

What charger and charge plug would you recommend for 10s at 8-10A? Need to charge 40Ah battery and not takie forever :smiley: Or would you rather wait for the Smart charger

1 Like

What pivot cups do v1.0/OG psychotiller/ABEC11
fleXL’s take? @RipTideSports maybe you know?

1 Like