Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Figured it out. Had to disable Temp_2 as my BMS only has one temp sensor. Had charged plugged in, and it started working literally the moment I pressed the toggle button :ok_hand:
Took a while to notice such a thing :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a bug or quirk of the commutation algorithm. I think it’s currently being worked on. It’s a math problem, not a motor problem. Which firmware is that?

1 Like

Nah Norway isn’t in the EU though?

EU, no, but EEA yes

ah for some reason I thought they were like one level trickier to ship to than EU, nvm

I’m trying to convert my board from dkp to rkp.
I’ve hit an issue. The old axels protrude from the hanger by 55mm but on my new Boardnamics hangers the axels only protrude by 50mm. This doesn’t leave me enough thread for the bolt to grab on to.
Also the old axels have a 10mm section and then an 8mm section but the BN axles are 8mm the whole length.
Using the new Boardnamics hangers the bearing inside the pulley which has a 10mm id just floats over the axels which is probably not great.
Hopefully I can fix the axle size issue by finding a pulley bearing with an 8mm id or by making a 2mm shim out of pop cans or something.
But I’m not sure how I’m going to get around the axles being too short.

1 Like

A regular skate bearing like Bones Reds or a 608-2RS bearing like

https://www.amazon.com/Bearings-Skateboard-Shielded-Miniature-Skateboards/dp/B07R7PR72H/ref=sr_1_3

1 Like

Which pulley? Do you have a photo of the wheel from the top, as-if it’s mounted on the board?

As you can see - very little meat for the nut to grab on to.

I’m thinking maybe I Dremel out five mm of plastic from behind this bearing and just hammer it in 5mm deeper.

That’s an Evolve pulley it looks like. I’d recommend getting @Boardnamics or @3DServisas pulleys. The Evolve pulley won’t last very long anyway because it’s made of ABS. But I think the bearing on there is set more inward than on those other options, which is eating up your axle length.

1 Like

Can’t remember firmware. I’ll check it out. I switched over from a Maker X DV6 to Torque6 ESC and that’s when the problems started. Maybe the Torque6 has slightly different version.

I’ll run it sensored and see if I get the same issues. Cheers

It’s not a hardware problem, it’s all software.

1 Like

What’s the solution to get telemetry on a dual setup without can bus, if the 2 esc are just in split PPM ?

You just have to multiply certain numbers by two as a guess. CANBUS is much better for telemetry.

can a board be run until flat or what’s a safe way to preserve my lipos?

Set high cutoffs if you don’t want to puff them

1 Like

What prevents a spark when you plug in a charger? Is an antispark necessary, or can I simply use a standard XT60 or something as the plug?

Xt90-s has a resistor, so when you plug it in slowly the first thing that makes contact is the resistor, which slowly saturates the other side of the connection, preventing a spark. This is what is used for a l00p key

1 Like