Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

by the hoodie i mean lazyrolling
i beleive their quality means that the pads wont move at all
i think that is only wih the cheaper amazon hoodies

1 Like

I’m give it a go and let me know what you think. I do believe the jacket will be safer but will be good to see your take on it.

1 Like

For the sake of my sanity, will these be sufficient for mounting motors to TB motor mounts? They’re the right size, just wondering if the cap is good.

1 Like

I think M4 x 8 work better

You can use M4 x 10 but make sure they don’t touch the windings inside.

pretty sure my current ones are 10mm long, im concerned about it somehow not fitting but I’m probably being paranoid. also they cost less than a mcdonalds cookie, im not too worried about getting the wrong ones.

1 Like

You’re going to go in there and they’re gonna have all FUB and tell you the metric stuff is online only. I can see it now. Been there and done that. Home Depot is ass.

sure hope not lol

1 Like

I used one motor and ran detection on one side, it worked fine. Swapped it to the other and ran detection and it has this problem. I then figured somehow it could be the motor and was due an upgrade so installed two 63100’s running unsensored at the moment and the problem still only occurred on the one side. Iv’e contacted Lacroix and they sent me their app to try so ill see if setup on that solves it.

Got the screws, took the last 2 (ordered 3 but they only had 2 :confused:)

1 Like

That’s only because you’re in NYC probably.

Around here, there is no getting metric ANYTHING without ordering it online.

I won’t feel bad if they go out of business, either.

1 Like

So many questions. We shall start with one. Where can I find elofty abec adapters or what would fit em decently? Anyone? Many thanks :call_me_hand:

they only have the genuine abec adapter, if u need to fit it in a clone abec core, u need to dremel the side to make it fit

2 Likes

Ol but where ? Like what will fit onto th gen one elofty? I have genuine abec core wheels

When programming 2 single vesc’s, will the settings written on the master vesc also write on the slave vesc? I’ve only programmed dual vescs before but went with two singles this go around, so I’m just assuming you click the CAN forwarding button and program the master vesc with half the values you want overall (i.e write 30 battery amps and 40 motor amps to the master vesc if you want 60 batt amps and 80 motor amps overall)?

Program the master with all your numbers except half of the battery current, then turn on CAN forwarding and set up the slave. Finally, check “Multiple ESCs over CAN” on the Master ESC only

1 Like

Ok cool that makes more sense since each ESC drives a single motor, so clarifying question then, does enabling CAN forwarding just write values onto the slave vesc then? And then when it’s not enabled you’re just writing to the master vesc?

1 Like

Yes but make sure you click “Read” for motor and app when you switch, and “Write” both after you change stuff.

Don’t accidentally write all the master values to slave because you forgot to reread.

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks man, appreciated as always

I have been told the HS Puck can show your board battery level, is this true if so is there a guide.

You can email the worst he will say is no