Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Definitely brings different issues to the table, but in my mind the advantage of the versatility would be worth it.

2 Likes

ah so sad man
loved that build
why did you decide to sell

4 trampa vesc 6
2 with new power button thingy 2 without
if i put the power button on the master vesc would that work for all of them or should i just use a loopkey?

also question 2 is what is the best way to attach them
should i pair them all by canbus or do split uart (vx2) for all of them?

Honestly, I’d just go for the loopkey.

Even if you do end up using the eswitch, it’s still a good idea to have a way to physically disconnect the battery, in my opinion.

3 Likes

yep fair enough
thing is i can never be bothered having to look for my loopkey everytime i ride
thats the only reason i want the switch

trampa say on there website
No more loop keys! Compatible with power buttons / switches, the VESC 6 MKV controller can be ready to go with a single press / flick. If desired, multiple devices can share a single button.

so there is def a way to do it just not sure how

Why do you have 4 VESC 6 ESCs? I thought you were a broke secondary school kid…

Summon @Trampa for his wisdom?

2 Likes

worked 4 weeks straight during the summer made nearly £400 a week
then worked on ebay doing some selling since
also made a small hummie build but that was just til i finish my exams (wahoo just done) and now making a 4wd beast

@trampa if you could help

2 Likes

i talked to trampa who said ataching the 2 vesc mkv to a power switch and setting the other 2 vescs to roll to start should work fine
not sure how to set to roll to start though
if anyone could be of assistance
@b264 in the variesc tool does it have roll to start feature

Does someone sell metroboard tires in europe?..

1 Like

Okay, so now that I got rid of my crappy 4.12 esc, and I have the tb6 esc, what can I do to maximize the power in my single 6355 build? Should I continue to run in bldc sensorless?

1 Like

would be interested to know this also

1 Like

Yes. Very much so. If you have an idler, MAYBE it won’t. Especially for single drive I’d recommend 15T at least on the motor.

1 Like

Okay, I will go 15T. Gotta wait for dickyho to restock the pulleys though

1 Like

I personally use the Torqueboards steel motor pulleys and they seem to last well.

eboardsolutions or anubis may also sell pulleys

2 Likes

I gotta order from dickyho though because he is the cheapest plus I am buying multiple parts from him. And I am broke :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Fair enough haha but I don’t know if he will be back anytime soon. I think he had closed his ebay store temporarily. Did you try messaging him?

1 Like

It’s open again since quite a while (at least a few months) and he said the pulleys should arrive to him in about two weeks.

1 Like

Oh cool, good to know. I hadn’t kept track

1 Like

What battery do you have?

The first thing I’d do with the hardware is upgrade to a 6380+ motor, while leaving everything else the same.

A single 6355, while okay for riding, really has lame brakes. If you upgrade to a bigger motor, the main benefit you’ll see is awesome brakes. (and a bit more power also)

6355 size motors really shine in a dual configuration.

3 Likes

now making me feel stupid when i went 6396 in 4wd