Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That would amazing

1 Like

8mm screws, I can thread them 100% into the mounting face without problem its only when I mount the motors onto the mount that one of them starts to act funny, its just one of the motors thats dickered too so I guess maybe dex would swap it? They both have 0 miles on them.

Edit: Video of the sadness

Fuck me sideways this build was supposed to be done by saturday.

1 Like

Janux esk8 made some epic kegal rims but it looks like he has shut down for covid19, there are some 3d printed files over in the elofty DD thread. But the surfnacho is going to be the best option and with the boardnamics Gear drive there is going to be a huge demand for kegal rims. I can’t wait I am having a set CNCed not a cheap option.

3 Likes

There is no appreciable quantity of lead in the fumes of lead based solder.

The fumes of lead based and lead free solder are equally harmful due to the other ingredients of the flux, not the metals in the solder itself.

The decision whether or not to use lead based solder should be based on other factors than that.

7 Likes

I thought he found another job/career opportunity outside of esk8?

Also, it’s fine if I just have a fan that draws the fumes away from me when i solder right? lol

small bummer. The kit i’ve found isn’t actually the ts100, its the SQ-001. As far as i can tell almost the same. I found the ts100 for the same price but with only 1 tip instead of 5.

Edit: found a kit with the ts100, power supply, xt60 power cable and 1 tip for 55usd (46€) that’s shipped from germany even.

3 Likes

Is there any ‘vescs’ that can be setup from a Mac/iOS device?

Short answer, no. Because it’s not a hardware problem, but a software problem, and the software doesn’t run on a mac.

I’d suggest running windows via bootcamp, or linux.

2 Likes

Keep going up in trust level (antispam countermeasures)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I will be happy when I correct my typos.

This

1 Like

They always bitch at me when I take mine into the liquor store… haha like bro it’s worth more then your last three months salary… I think it’s gonna stay with me.

2 Likes

I believe I have a pair of those…these?

Never mind he said rims… :cry:

I set all of mine up with my mac

This is incorrect sir.

1 Like

I would get the real deal.

1 Like

Did you get any lock tite in them or use the wrong screw somewhere? I usually use 6mm for motors. But it depends on the mount.

My bad. I know for a while there wasn’t a working version of vesc tool on mac, but since im not a mac user I haven’t exactly been keeping up.

1 Like

Yup it’s not too bad… the only problem I have is connecting my MacBook to my ble. But I can just use my phone for that…