Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Damn , that’ll do it lol

I remember seeing a photo using 4 zip ties to separate all 3 phase wires neatly.

1 Like

I saw that (and plan on implementing that) but I didn’t see how it separated the phases. Just thought it neatly organized them out.

So I’ve been looking to wrap my TB motors in a carbon vinyl wrap, but was also thinking about plasti-dipping them. Any negatives to doing that that I should be aware of?

would it be insane just to have my power switch as this?

not exactly this switch, but something similar (key removeable after turn to on position)

5 Likes

Not insane , ebikes do it. Now that specific switch I have no idea.

That would be cool, but wouldn’t that work better if the skateboard was unable to move until you put the key in? Also, don’t those kind of connector forces you to keep the keys on the plug itself?

I’m basing this off on E-bikes.

there are different types, im referring to a switch that has ON/OFF position and both position still allow the key to be unplugged to keep lock in said position.

I can imagine it working in a build, but I know I will be too lazy to keep turning the key, also I will lose my key in the first week.

New Maytech remote came in today! I hooked up the receiver with PPM quickly to beat the rain and got a whole 5 minutes on the EMTB build that started months ago and it was such a great feeling!

My question now is how do I wire this receiver to the new TB6 esc?

Edit: I need to connect RXD on the receiver to Tx on the vesc and TXD on the receiver to RX on the vesc to show speed and other data

PWM_R, 5V and GND to PPM port on TBV6

1 Like

The problem with that idea is where are you putting the switch on the circuit? I’ve wanted one for a while but never found one that could deal with our electricity requirements :disappointed_relieved:

Do I really have to cut my shaft? :sob:

That is how I had it at first to go for a ride but it did not show any of the telemetry data.

i don’t know about you, but this is a latching switch that “should” be able to replace my antispark switch, and with R2S, there should only be two visible port, key switch and charge port. with that said, everything its just in my head, i might not even work on this idea

Told myself same kind of stuff 3 years ago :joy:

ppm does not support telemetry data, but if u have metr / ilogger…etc, then u should be getting those on ur connected device, e.g. phone

then im still 3 year away from this, hopefully there will be a better solution to this ghetto idea.

Sorry if that was confusing. The maytech remote allows you to see speed, distance, battery, Rpm and other data on the remote screen. When only connecting on the PPM port of the TB6, I was not able to see any of that stated data.

yes

Hey man-

Welcome to the gang. What was your username from the old forum so I can match your level?