Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i bet I have a board or too that the all up weight is like your battery pack weight…

Need some quick input because I have been running around nonstop lately.

I noticed a slight random stutter( more than once)when I was riding the other day. I only noticed this while I was riding in the busy downtown area, however.

I am using a PPM TB mini remote/reciever. Is it possible/likely that all the signals in the dense downtown area are causing interference with my remote/receiver?

Same happened to my other board, but it turns out I accidentally ruined the attena wire on the hobbywing esc. Go figure. It still works, but its not better than my DIY board.

Maybe that might be the cause?

1 Like

@Nacho @mtsmithies I can’t speak to RKP myself, but with DKP and 150mm haggy bermeisters, there is lots of clearance even at full tilt.

3 Likes

So by using this charger, i should be able to read 50.4V after charging on my Davega or metr pro? For some reason it seems to be lower🤷🏼‍♂️

You want this one if you’re using a 12s battery.

You can also get a 4a one but its a bit higher in price.

I’ve already got the charger from eskating. But on my metr or Davega i cant seem to get 50.4V.
The battery is 12s5p 30Q

does a voltage check on your pack from a multimeter match your DaveGa voltage?

It sounds like a BMS safety feature, but I could be very wrong. I think someone who knows about this can help. My battery is a 10s10p Samsung 35E so I can’t answer for 12s builds.

1 Like

What are you reading? If it’s slightly less than 50.4 then its just drop from balancing or the BMS knk charging to 4.15v per cell or something…if it’s 42v or less you have the wrong charger

Good idea, i will check that when i get home!

I will recharge the battery when i get home from offshore. But just to clearify, its not normal for the batterypack to be at 50.4V after beeing fully charged?

I mean it depends, just stick a volt meter in the charger first

1 Like

Will do, thanks! Ill come back when its done

Vesc tool question here:

How do I make my remote do a reverse function to go backwards if my board slips out and I need to reverse it? Its a torqueboard mini remote. Do you have to go to ppm settings?

1 Like

Select current reverse with brake in the app section mapping.

is it the 10S version or the 12s version? 10s won’t work if that’s not obvious.

I suppose you’ll know when you check the voltage on the charger.

assume you mean “current hyst reverse with brake”. ( or “current” if you want full boosted style reverse. )

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll see if this works.

Yup, thanks. I is not smart sometimes.

1 Like