Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

On a single, yes. 12mm is fine for dual. Even the boy of hair that is long concurs.

3 Likes

im already starting not to trust my 11mm belts, still prefer wider belts

Won’t you get a lower top speed with wider belts? Also, should I get a pulley the same size as the belt? I’m just worried that the belt will move side and side and cause a problem

Greetings fellow n00b’s and Pro’s,

Is it normal for my bearings to be so loose? They literally fall right out and it’s pretty difficult to get them on the trucks.

No

Depends on a lot of things. What hangers, motor mounts, motors, and pulleys?

What motor pulleys? If the motor pulley has double flanges, it’s a non-issue usually

That’s not normal. What bearings are those?

1 Like

Just plain old bones reds, I’ve already tried another set of bearings as well same issue. This is an issue on multiple wheels.

Do you have calipers? What is the bearing outer diameter?

this is the motor pulley I will be using

I checked with my calipers and I got around 22mm for the bears. I also notice that it is lose on the wheels which I have installed the pulleys on. Maybe I screws in the pulleys too tighty?

“around 22mm” is not good enough. What is the exact number?

1 Like

First thing to do then is remove the pulleys and see if the problem still exists.

1 Like

It seems that the pulleys are on too tight. I removed them and readjusted the screws, they fit fine now. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I need a 275mm length, 15mm belt and a 15mm pulley (either 15t or 16t), but I can’t seem to find anywhere that has them in stock or are not expensive, so I won’t be able to purchase your pulley till I find those parts.

whats the census on running 13s on a Unityyyyyy??

Sixty volt DRV chips + 13S = no go

2 Likes

I have tons of those belts here and @torqueboards has those pulleys in stock

howcome? Can you explain in laymans, I don’t have the smart=z :expressionless:

what’s the DRV chip do and what does it mean for it to be a 60V DRV? What are the implications of that on a 13s?

1 Like

found this on endless sphere

“3: Input voltage recommended for FOCBOX is 50.4 maximum, your is 57 which is high.”
My battery can only produce a max of 42v, thus it is impossible to exceed 50.4v since 42v is less than 50.4v. I have a 10s4p battery pack, so 42v max, 60A max since I am using Samsung 30Q cells.

The voltage they’re stating is recorded on the unit, it did happen. There are a variety of ways to get to bus voltage that high, it’s normal to see voltage spikes with large phase amps and inadequate capacitance. Alternatively if you took the board past its geared maximum RPM down a big hill this would also blow it up pretty rapidly. Why did you have the erpm set so high?

large phase amps can get voltage spikes in a focbox? what’s that about?

1 Like

hmm it’s interesting the Unity can’t handle 13s but dual focbox can?