Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i removed something (non skateboard related) which was stuck down with some super fine adhesive (basically no height and made sure the surface was super level)
now its not so sticky anymore. how can i reattach it?
thanks

ESCs have no kv rating, only motors.

they may be tuned for a specific KV.

2 Likes

or not be able to do the switching fast enough for higher kv motors at full speed

Heat both surfaces w/hair dryer or heat gun, makes the adhesive work well again. Basically slightly liquifying the adhesive

You could also clean both surfaces and use spray on adhesive

It really depends on what it actually is tho. Some things are easily fixable, some not at all.

1 Like

a magnetic build plate to a printer heat bed

very slight scraping inside my gd
still spin easily and nicely
anything to worry about or it will be fine and go away after riding for a little bit?

Should a battery meter drop as you accelerate then go back up?

1 Like

Yes …that be voltage sag

4 Likes

Just to to make sure, even on a completley full battery?

1 Like

Yup! Ohms law again, if there is a current flowing through a resistor (your cables are resistors, and the battery cells’ internal conductors are resistors) then there will be a voltage drop across them. V = I x R. So as you draw decent amounts of current accelerating, the voltage drop across these small resistance values becomes a bit more noticeable.

2 Likes

Great y’all both @Bigdaddyhawk, first one I e had didn’t really know it jumped under load so much (golf cart project of today)

1 Like

Anyone know if one of these two mini remote models is the newer model with JST connectors on the PCB instead of directly soldered?

I just ordered th Vanpro one off of ebay for $19.80 and I dont recall seeing a jst . Everything was soldered to the board. The on / off switch seemed to be much better that others I have ordered and it came quik in the mail inside of USA. Not sure what improvment were made on the newer model but the switch is my biggest concern. I’ve been doing switch mods on these to combat the led light flickering on and off.

Hey, I bought cheap loctite blue(243) on amazon. It looked clear compared to the loctite 243 from home depot so I suspect its fake…

Anyways long story short that stuff is wayyyy stronger than normal 243, I have to take out the blowtorch to remove it every time. Since it looks close to your motor, I would be very careful. Normally I wrap the motor in foil on top and blow torch it pointing away from the motor, keeping the allen wrench tensioned on it until it miraculously melts and loosens with no crazy force. After removing I immediately cool off the axle.

I also really messed up putting it on all my 8inch trampa hub screws because they’re made of polymer and I cant heat them up to remove it… Now all the nuts do is spin in place stuck, If I pop a tire I need new rims or some special tool to remove.

2 Likes

Given the size it might be hard for a drill bit to bite and center properly, but yes.

Drill and then re-tap it slightly larger than before. Make sure the grub screws you use will be low profile enough for the new hole.

1 Like

Just did that today, but I needed a second one for my other board.

The build quality of the revision with JST cables is really nice, I’ll snap some photos for you in 30.

2 Likes

Where’s your battery going? You gonna use a 15560 or whatever they are?

1 Like

Single 14500 Li-ion still fits in the left battery slot.

2 Likes

About 1 volt over standard 3 volt. Does it work well?