Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yea it is set to 15A+15A. 15A per motor that is

1 Like

How far until it begins?

Also put your country on your profile, it helps people help you :wink:

3 Likes

Hmm. I’ll try it. Thanks!

1 Like

At this point I think that it is just a problem with the battery. I checked the logs of the voltage throughout the ride and whenever I full throttle, the battery drops to around 10 - 15 volts and rises after I let go of the throttle. It isn’t at any specific battery level.

1 Like

can you check the P-group voltage?

you bought a cheap used mBored battery, I’ll bet you got a P-group problem

what battery voltage do you get fully charged?
and what is it after sitting for an hour or two?

4 Likes

Yes I agree, it sounds like a bad battery

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t own a voltmeter so I won’t be able to measure anything. Since I’m almost positive that this bad MBoards battery is the problem, I think I’ll just go ahead and contact one of the battery builders.

1 Like

The battery works when on the bench but once I step on it, things go to shit. I should have never bought the MBoards battery sigh

1 Like

That’s exactly what happens when a battery is either worn-out, built with a mix of new and old cells, or built with salvaged laptop cells.

So either a good battery that’s worn-out, or a shit battery.

Using a good battery beyond its capabilities can also turn a good battery into a crap battery, like if someone had a new 2P 30Q battery and was pulling 50A on each side, it will turn the battery to Jello in no time at all.

3 Likes

I’ll have one for dessert please
My energy levels are saggin a bit

3 Likes

hello
i have an ender 5 on order wondering if printed pulley wheels are any good?
thanks

https://forum.esk8.news/search?q=printed%20pulley

7 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/search?q=is%20@kook%20a%20dick%20

Edit: nvm title says it all

1 Like

I prefer “penis shaped cranium”

1 Like

So i have a several VX1 remotes. I just observed somethign weird.

one of them, connected via PPM, speed modes work as expected throttling is visible in vesc-tool realtime app data as a reduced PPM signal proportional to the mode. so it has three throttle modes. pushing speed mode button cycles from red to yellow to green back to red.

The others paired to the same board, same receiver, same PPM hookup. The modes have no effect.
and pushing the speed mode button switches from red to yellow to green then back to yellow to green… never going back to red.

weird. Some of these came from lacroix boards.

1 Like

It is after many ups and downs that I can say the maiden voyage of my first diy battery was a success. Though the battery did well during the ride it wasn’t till after the ride that I noticed a drift in the cells. Pictures are from the smart bms before and after the ride. Can anyone tell me why there might be such a large drift in this cell voltages? Is this normal or might there be an issue? Pack is 12S4P Samsung 40Ts. Nickel for parallel connections and 10 gauge for series connections.

It’s my opinion that’s a perfectly normal level of drift.

The lower you go in the charge range, the more pronounced the drift will be as well. If you compare when the per-cell voltage is around 3.75V, there is much less drift. Around 3.3V, there is much more.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying that. I figured everything was fine but just wanted to be safe. I ended up going with the pack style you shared with me not long ago. Might try copper braids next round to slim it down a little. Next one will be 12s8p for an AT board in the works

I would avoid using copper braid whenever possible

1 Like

That looks like a perfect pack
Here’s my drift in storage

It settles itself as you go

1 Like