Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I could see by your pik nada tostada sensors, but also I can read the failure

maybe try ACK…

2 Likes

Last time I loaded ACK I spent 2 days fighting to reupdate it…here goes nothing…

B4 you do that…
did you use the wizard?

go do it the manual way… clicky the BLDC tab and do detect from there

I never ran BLDC before…is the ACK BLDC motor detection guide any good?

It says it’ll spin up and it sits there silent like a fucking brick…how does this work

“Bad detection recieved”

I’d personally try it from FW5.02 first if you have that loaded… if it fails… try unsensored FOC… if that fails… your choice reload FW or use Ack… THE LAST VERSION OF ACK is the fall back version… I myself have never had to reverse that far back… but I know of a fukton of peeps running all sorts of motors VESCs reliably on ACK…

I don’t know if it will take a month of sundays to go backwards to ACK like it does coming forward…

vaya con dios

1 Like

if my memory serves me correctly the @mmaner tutorial uses the wizard…

2 Likes

Uhh…silent as a brick yet it passed detection…?

1 Like

holy fuckin bejesus look at those gawd damned numbers…

that’s fucking gibberish…

1 Like

Those FS 6384 motors are something special…but seriously why is it doing nothing!? Other motor is the same deal, silent and still

New ESC, new problem…oh my god I hate this so much

1 Like

because your detection numbers are fucking gibberish

just look at the values… This is about the neighborhood your detection values should be…

Your detection is like a gigawatt bigger

2 Likes

I kinda remember what I’m aiming for from detections past, but the second controller is just locking up the motors, like even when not in detection the motors don’t turn by hand

Oh fuck even when not connected to power it does that…I think the gates are blown open…?

So we have…

• 1 that actually works, made it though detection
  • 1 that thinks it works but is a lying sack of shit and gives garbage numbers
  • 1 that just eats shit and shorts the motor so it locks even when not connected to power
  • 1 that can’t even eat shit because it died (no lights)

…yay

1 Like

Someone mentioned making small jumps up to FW 5.02. I tried going from Ack to 5.02 and it was timing out like a muhfuher.

1 Like

open them up and check them out
what are they btw?

1 Like
1 Like

I switched to ACK 3.103 on all of them, 2 are totally dead (one shorted the phase leads, other is totally non responsive), one doesn’t actually do detection and just spits out bad numbers that are way off, other is fine

They are all used TB 4.12 and supposedly 2 of them work, and no signs of damage under the cover that I can tell

2 Likes

There’s a “welcome to esk8” phrase.

4 Likes

Hahaha…

…kill me now…

From now on I’m not touching things owned by other people without good reason…I am sick of this shit. Like sometimes it works fine and the rest of the time you get this

At least I saved a Unity today

4 Likes

Did that belong to who I think it belonged to?

Who do you think it belonged to?

But whoever sent it literally destroyed the button and I don’t have the pwm adapter, anyone have spares?

1 Like