Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Not hard at all …this tool made it really easy. My maytech motirs did the same thing I think its the bearing in my case.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGS9N3R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VZtaFb2QMHXSM

1 Like

Alright I have a noob question after all this time

running dual VESC6 by trampa and feather uart remote.
Right now only the motor that has the remote connected spins up. if I use the pc to spin up, I can make either motor work. SO I know they work. But the UART signal just isnt being forwared to teh the other vesc
@xsynatic maybe I saw you had a similar setup

If I move the uart to the other vesc, then that one spins and the other doesnt

1 Like

nevermind fixed it./

This post helped One Motor Not Spinning After Successful Motor Setup

3 Likes

Is there a known source for some good budget slide gear? I already have a good helmet, just looking to pick up some extra protection without blowing my wallet apart

Neither worked. I guess ill try increase the Current until its smoother?

That current is probably high enough.

Does the motor pass the hand test?

1 Like

I mean, you can try a higher setting but I wouldn’t go much over double those numbers. For all 3 numbers. I would hand test the motor

I just hand tested it and all seemed good. Also the belts aren’t tight during detection but I could try it with no belts attached?

Since the volts and not the amps are important for top speed, as far as I understood, are the Esk8 calculators for nominal voltage aka 3.6V / Cell or 4.2V / Cell?
Don’t know if I should go:

• 190KV | 15T/40T | 110mm @90% efficiency 48kmh weighted
  • 190KV | 15T/44T | 110mm @90% efficiency 44kmh weighted

People here say to subtract like 5kmh of top speed for real values?
I want to be able to hit just over 40kmh, the rest of the power should be used for torque and more importantly battery life.

1 Like

I get to 50km/h with single 190kv 6374 | 15/36 | 110mm but not sure if i ran 10s or 12s. (can check though) 100+kg

edit : 10s

3 Likes

It feels so gross :joy:. I can’t really push my board to start with straps either. I might just wait till I go 10s and just run FOC

1 Like

Yeah that’s way too fast for me on my streetboard :slight_smile: Calculator says I should reach 56 or something, so that proves the 5kmh subtraction thing…
Alright thanks!

1 Like

Do a hip flick

Although with bindings I would use HFI or sensors

1 Like

Sure Ill do that. Except BLDC Sensored doesn’t work and the motors just lock up haha. Problem after problem atm. Thanks for your help though!

1 Like

ftfy

3 Likes

If you’re in EU I would definitely go for @3DServisas kegel pulleys

They aren’t cheap, but they are very, very good

1 Like

Does anyone know if dickyhos revised kegel pulleys fit TB218 trucks without filing them?

Thanks! I’m sure you’re right but I hope you understand that not everybody spends that much on pulleys :slight_smile:
Dickyho never let me down :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have both. Lemme check.

Smooth rotation, no catching or binding. Do note that they’re designed for 12mm belts.

4 Likes

Daly BMS is good but unless you have a huge enclosure the 15mm thick brick is going to want to take 5cm X 8cm of enclosure real-estate. D140 are $25 shipped if you order 2 or $30 if you order one from fasttech. Shipping is 6 weeks (some arrived last week). You have the option to upgrade to DHL.

1 Like