Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

3D printed risers can be good, I wouldn’t go past 3/8 of an inch probably, and I recommend at least PLA+ with 40+% infill and 6 perimeters

2 Likes

Or use an old cutting board

3 Likes

Not a bad option either

2 Likes

Ok, I can at least experiment to get the height and buy proper ones ones if they don’t hold up.

I was really hoping someone else had done a similar build with a demonseed 42 I could get confirmation from before buying the trucks.

Suppose as with most diy it’s trial and error :slightly_smiling_face:

@rafaelinmissouri

2 Likes

@Tony_Stark radium and I think
@Boardnamics

3 Likes

Can someone explain how wedge risers work? Would they not bend the truck bolts? (causing weakness). What about on Apex Airs where you can’t spin the nut on? How do you turn bent bolts?

1 Like

They absolutely can and do bend the truck bolts in a lot of cases.

3 Likes

About a 1/4 way through @rafaelinmissouri journal thread and at one point he used tb218s on his demonseed with clouthwheels so this gives me hope. Not much clearance but looks like what I’m after

1 Like

Anyone know the exact sizing of the barrel jack that charges the evolve gt? Trying to make a fast charger for it.

(4) Welcome to the Internet - Bo Burnham (from “Inside” – ALBUM OUT NOW) - YouTube

5.5 x 2.1mm

hey dudes.
congratulations on your Demonseed choice.
a deck so nice I had to get it twice…

are you set on using Boardnamics adjustable baseplates?
they add about 16mm of height to your set up.

so BN adjustable baseplates mounted drop through are actually taller than regular baseplates mounted top mounted.

I don’t think I had wheel bite issues.
but with RKP I think I kept my trucks fairly tight on the Demonseed.

if you want to do drop mount and regular baseplates your enclosure clearance is pretty dang low.
I lived with that for a while.
but was a happier person when I decided to jack the boards up.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re just doubled up for extra current capability.

Yeah pretty much. There are two different common BMS configurations, either combined or separate charge/discharge (P and C) ports. In the case of a combined port BMS, just wire C- to your charge port, B- to your battery, and then power to the ESCs also comes straight from the battery (Or B-, they’re the same thing).

1 Like

Thanks man. I’m not set on any of this yet apart from the rubber airless, really want to try those.

If you were me, what setup would you pick now? 8 am 6’4" with size 14 feet lol that’s why I chose the deck and really happy with that so just need to pick the trucks, mounts and motors. I can get the motors in the UK but struggling on the rest due to shipping and import taxes so once decided I was going to reach out in the wanted forums :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What is the correlation between battery building and ducks. @Skyart the skating duck and @BenjaminF duck battery solutions.

4 Likes

So dude.
Do you have the Demonseed on hand?
Or have you not gotten it yet?

not to detail your plans.
but you are a big dude.
have you Considered the Flux?

I am 6ft.
size 11
about 210 lbs.

When I first got the Demonseed it seemed giant.
it in fact ruined the other longboards I had for me.

even the DB paradigm 41 which is super close felt cramped.

Then I went bigger with the Llama.
that is really giant and you can’t get anything like it…
but my point is after the Llama the Demonseed seemed cramped.

The Flux is a whole other thing but look at it because it is a real boat and has tons of space.

If you have the Demonseed and want to stick with it I would get a Boardnamics combo or parts to make a belt drive.

I would get the regular baseplates and mount top mounted. no real reason I see to get adjustable here.

if you top mount you may be able to face your motors forward. with their rounder short mounts.
or face the motors back with the regular mount.

let me dig up the part when I wrote up about the loaner 2.0

it was a top mounted demonseed. on 220s

3 Likes

top mount Demonseed on 220s.

2 Likes

Yes mate, already got the board and currently making the battery pack (ss 21700 12s4p). Also making the enclosure on the weekend.

Read through your journal last night, you sure like to swap things round a lot :smile:
I hadn’t seen the Flux board, did look at a Haero Bro deck but decided on the Demonseed

Thanks for the advice, nice that I can top mount, wasn’t sure about that. Now to source the trucks. Can get the hangers in the UK but not the baseplates or mounts. Will try on this forum :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

regular Caliber baseplates work well too.
for mounts since you are Europe based you can also consider IdeaTB.
pretty .

don’t forget motor and wheel pulleys…
BN has nice ones…

3 Likes