Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

got a bustin yoface here and for some reason the enclosure wont come off (stuck to the deck) i removed all the bolts but it seems stuck
any tips?

Spray a lil iso and pry gently, make sure to get good purchase with your pry tool or it could damage the enclosure

1 Like

cant really find a good position to pry from
it seems like the enclosure is sunk into a cavity in the deck

the yoface hybrid?

Yeah, the deck is routed out with a channel for the enclosure. I can’t find it right now, but there’s assembly details somewhere - I’m pretty sure that channel is filled with silicone adhesive. It’s very secure. It’ll take more than a small amount of force to pry it apart. It’s not meant to be user-serviceable.

1 Like

ah ok
that looks like a pain to remove
gonna have to clean out all the silicone i guess

Check this thread

When are heatsinks required?

I’ve got a Xenith, and I’m gonna have a 10s4p p42a battery. Is a heatsink really necessary? I see a lot of folks just toss unity/xenith in the enclosure. Wondering if I can get away without one…

u can, but depends on what motor amps u running at, u can run into thermal throttling faster than u expect, the heatsink is just to prolong that period until someone invent an active cooling solution that can be weatherproof

1 Like

Well there’s liquid cooling which can have pipes to an external radiator and that can be easily weatherproofed but I doubt anyone would sacrifice battery space for a pump and reservoir and tubing and a cooling block.

Need some insight guys and gals. I’m switching over to Xenith 2.1.

I’ve run motor detection but

There is no input response from the remote, as of it wasn’t connected. Remote is set to FSESC. Any ideas on what needs to be adjusted?

How is the VX2 plugged in and have you set the input settings correctly in VESCTool?

It’s plugged in the uart port? And do you mean input settings for the remote?

Yes, make sure it’s set to UART on the correct VESC (xenith is a dual) and make sure the baudrate set correctly. Also very that TC/RX is swapped from reciever to VESC.

1 Like

My control type was set to off for some reason🙄 thanks anyways.

1 Like

Oof I’ve made that mistake more times than I’d like to admit haha.

Hello, im attempting to do initial setup on my board woth a 12s2p molicel p42a battery and maker-x go foc dv6 controller. I have a power stuttering issue. . Any idea what might be causing it?

1 Like

Are you hitting your max speed/duty cycle?

If yes, then that’s “normal” according to frank. I have the same happening but only on the bench.

1 Like

I probably am. It seemed like it might have something to do with duty cycle settings… thanks!

1 Like

Still not sure why it even does this. Why can’t it be hitting the limit and be smooth :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Try using an older firmware version and see if this still happens.

1 Like