Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

yeah sure
waiting for my friend to send me

1 Like

Hi

Ask nomad_esk8 about it

He makes the enclosure for my deck

Option 2
In theory, this enclosure from @eBoosted should fit since the dimensions are smaller than the deck, but you will have to cut slots for the brackets

4 Likes

Can I ask you to expand on that? Just curious, would hate to see our favourite moulds become unusable.

1 Like

Time!
Just not being at home for more than a couple of days at a time every few weeks.

2 Likes

where to buy universal enclousure for unusual deck?

Home Depot

3 Likes

Tks!!:facepunch:t3:

Has anyone done a teardown of Hoyt’s EL2?
It’s such a beautiful board - I’d love to see how the layout their electronics, wiring, etc

1 Like

Maybe a certain battery builder would be able to peek into one?

@jack.luis

1 Like

We now have @BenjaminF making them. There’s nothing I can share atm

2 Likes

That’s grand thanks, are you able to share what you’re working on there? I had thought you relocated to the main Hoyt facility but haven’t been paying super close attention

1 Like

I haven’t made the move yet! Very soon tho. I already have an apartment in Portland and everything.

5 Likes

People with 4wd builds, what ratios/motors/kv/voltage are you using? I’m currently planning an eMTB build and trying to get a sense of what kind of power/torque I would be expecting from certain gear ratios/motor pairings. For a point of reference the only build I have experience with is my 10s3p 40T with 6364 motors at a 15/44 ratio.

Seen a lot of people running 6355s so thinking I’m most likely gonna go with them. Right now I’m targeting a max speed of around 30 as I normally don’t go faster than that, I’m ok if it goes over obviously as I can just limit the duty cycle if needed. Use case I’m going for is gonna mostly be rough trail riding.

2 Likes

What size wheels on this?

What size wheels on the new build?

Do you value more highly range or performance?

1 Like

150mm on the 10s and 200mm on the eMTB. I’m thinking value range on this one.

Took a ride today with some VESC logging on Freesk8, and I can’t make sense of the efficiency numbers. It was a 5.08mi ride that used up 140Wh of power and regened 3Wh, but it says I’m only getting 10Wh/mi, which seems quite suspect for pneumatics, and absolutely is not 140/5.08. The voltage on my 620Wh battery went from 3.89v to 3.78v, so I think the power rating is accurate. Can anyone make sense of it?

someone from aus wants to buy a deck off me
whats the cheapest shipping solution
thanks

Does a 0º baseplate exist for this trucks?

200MM X 10 RKP HANGER | Surf-Rodz

I have seen that there are not adjustable baseplates, but if there are, and i have missed them, i could also work with that.

I would also like a geardrive to go with them, but finding motormounts its enough for now.

There’s this lad, haven’t seen it mentioned or reviewed though

https://mantisshop.de/surf-rodz/surf-rodz-adjustable-rkp-baseplate-00-600-black.html

1 Like

Looks good! 60€ a piece it’s kind of steep so I will try to use angled baseplate spacers first! Thanks tho!