Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

30A total, or 30A per side?

If 30A total, then 6374 motors seem just a bit overkill - You’ll be hitting the battery current limit very early in the acceleration curve.

30A battery total. Thats what I ran on my previous board

Are you using 18650 or 21700 cells?

I don’t think the motors are overkill, but that’s just me. I usually run low battery currents.

Are you sure that is okay?

Is anything smashed inside there? Especially smashed against carbon fiber (a conductor)

I will check

B do you know why makerx dual vesc is rated for 120a each side while their single versions of that are rated at 50a?

Is there a difference between abec11 refly and abec11 flywheels?

I wouldn’t trust ratings much

The Flywheels/Superfly’s used the Classic compound whereas the Reflys used the Reflex compound.

Refly has greater traction and longevity and so has a tendency to stutter on the limit rather than slide. Classic has a predictable breakaway and slide.

Seems like a solvable problem with a 3d printed mount.

1. Better mounting, as mentioned. The DaVega mount is very strong and can easily hold up to MTB jumping, tricks, and everything like that. Show me a phone mount that can do that lol

2. Runs off of board power. You never have to think about plugging it in, charging it, turning it on, anything like that. It just works

3. Configurable display using data from VESC: you can see motor current, battery amps, speed, battery voltages, etc.

4. Parts life tracking, this is a pretty neat feature, if you ever wondered how many miles are actually on your wheels, or your bushings, or battery, you can program in when you got the component, and then every mile you ride after that, the davega will track it.

5. Lifetime miles tracking. This is similar to parts but the davega tracks lifetime stats of the board, without you ever having to think about it.

The smartphone is not a terrible idea but in my opinion they are just not comparable at all. I am working on a review for the Davega right now so this is why I am so well informed lol

2 Likes

What are good Bluetooth connection options other than Metr pro?

Robogotchi

1 Like

iLogger is another option, I haven’t gotten to install mine and test it yet though

Second the Robogotchi.

1 Like

I’m sold… I guess i have to find another use for the stack of ancient android phones in my closet…

I kept a couple too… No idea what I’ll do with them lol

Now on the other hand, using one as a bike display is a better application haha

Sell them on eBay and buy more esk8 stuff!