Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

had a small peak inside and the side saying ‘out’ (on the pcb) had in on the sticker written on it

1 Like

so this is correct

3 Likes

Can confirm

2 Likes

i knew i can count ya

3 Likes

Could be, depends on the device. I would say that 95% of the things I plug in nowadays are polarized lol

If you break it down to the very basics, plugging in a motor into the wall, you could plug it in either way and it would work. Same with light bulbs, however, they have polarized plugs so that the screw part of the socket is neutral and not hot

2 Likes

pic from an old thread that shows which side is which

problem solved :partying_face:

5 Likes

Okay I’m intrigued. I’ve done some electricals around the house and I’ve never encountered a problem. In France it’s usually a brown wire and a blue wire. You can swap them any way over?

Give me an example of an electrical appliances that plugs into a wall, doesn’t use a converter, and polarity matters. Because with my limited knowledge I don’t see how it matters :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m not saying you can or cannot swap the wires around. Anything that has DC stuff on it wouldn’t like it. However, there are DC devices that have a circuit built in that will make it so polarity doesn’t matter coming in.

As far as I know it just has to do with if there are polarized diodes before the rectifier or not

I did okay in circuits in college but it’s been a while since I’ve actually done anything like that

2 Likes

We also got brown and blue, sometimes black and brown.

I usually just orient myself on which color is the Phase and which is the neutral and connect them that way (and hope for the best)

Lighbtulb:

Lampe-anschliessen

3 Likes

@Mikeyrides

1 Like

Thanks again, friend! You were right!

:muscle:

3 Likes

Nice! Glad I could help

4 Likes

I tried it for the first time today and I’m very happy with it. Rides like a dream :heart_eyes:

I had a Trampa before and it had more torque but this was quite sufficient. The Trampa almost threw me off the board :joy:

Having a hard time connecting to the VESC app though.

1 Like

Replace the motor pulley with a bigger one, rather than shrinking the wheel pulley. Same effect, but easier to do.

2 Likes

20t already not easy to find bigger ones
we are choosing to go for 8 inch wheels instead

Oh sorry I misunderstood. Okay that’s interesting, but i still need an example as to comprehend :rofl:

2 Likes

Hmmm example could be like this:

AC power goes into device - > gets rectified into a DC waveform

These rectifiers have the ability to accept the input AC wave in either polarity, and still output the same polarity of DC signal. It has to do with the way that the diode arrangement modifies the AC signal.

Now say this device has to power both DC and AC loads. DC load would be fine at all times, and the AC load would probably have additional circuitry to make sure the load runs correctly, or it would be a load that doesn’t care which way the AC is fed into it.

3 Likes
4 Likes

What can I use to paint a textured enclosure? Trying to do a graphic, tried painting today and all that happen was the paint peeled off the enclosure. The paint sticking on the board, any recommendations?

1 Like

What’s the enclosure made out of? Probably need to prime it for the paint to stick.