Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Pulley slipping, but if you’re ordering new flipsky don’t bother with the d shaft, they have good keyslots

2 Likes

They’re trustworthy to me since I got mine. The only good thing about D shaft is what @ShutterShock said. It does come with its own pulleys for them. I have the D shaft and They’re a bit small if you have a large motor mount. So it’s up to you. Other than the size and motor mount issue, I have no complaints on their motors.

2 Likes

ill just stick with round shaft since i also read that people tend to buy more used motors with round shafts

1 Like

http://www.bestechpower.com/592v16spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/BMS-D829.html
my bms have separate charge and discharge .does not affect if this is not separated ??

Am i under the correct assumption that i can deacticate the LED ring of the Unitys Switch by removing the red and black wire leaving the double white?

2 Likes

@xsynatic

1 Like

Who do i need to annoy on this site to get a fancy title?

1 Like

@longhairedboy @jamie

Since the Great Mod Cull of 2020, there has not really been anyone who has been invested in changing or creating new titles. I think that @xsynatic would be great at it, but he doesnt have the power to do so.

Its pretty sad because the titles were one of the many reasons why I got pulled into this community so quickly. It was fun keeping up with who’s who, and finding out who said what to earn them their title. I think its an incentive for new users to want to jump in and get involved in this community, so they can earn a title and make a name for themselves.

Damon, when does @xsynatic’s training wheels come off so he can change titles and whatnot?

8 Likes

Lol yeah I agree

I’m not sure what the backend permission is of giving titles

It probably has something to do with being able to change peoples ranks or something, like actual discourse trust levels

3 Likes

Aight listen up all of you. For every day that i do not have a custom title, a random picture from r/glorp will be sent into each one of your inboxes. Love you all

4 Likes

We need more mods in general, just look at what happened with the little foccer launch :cry:

3 Likes

It’s not an easy job to step up to, as we’ve seen

The community has been pretty good self-policing as of late though, last I heard Damon intended to leave as is for now

2 Likes

Some have had their titles savagely thrust upon them, violating our sovereignty, dignity, and our free will to avail ourselves of the deity-given right to self-determination of our own title! :pensive:

7 Likes

What is a healthy discharge rate for a battery in storage? I have a 10s4p Samsung 30q that reduces 0.1V in 2 o 3 days when fully charged. Is that OK?

1 Like

It depends on the temperature but a battery that has been allowed to sit at least a 4-5 hours after being used or charged before having its voltage measured should only drop at the most a few millivolts over a couple of days.

This is assuming there are no damaged cells and no BMS or electronics slowly draining the pack. If any of those things are present then the pack can drop at a wide range of rates.

Anything connected to your pack?

2 Likes

@BenjaminF @Athrx

While I appreciate the @, I am no longer a mod and therefore do not have the power to change titles. Jamie is the only mod, I’m sure he’d be happy to help when he sees your posts.

My recommendation is that your title be r/glorp.

Luv you 2 :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Aw.
It’s getting increasingly harder to explain my profile to an outsider. I regret nothing

1 Like

Am i not enough for you?

5zkCVjpu

Well technically I’m still not a mod lol

9 Likes

Just a voltmeter. It is connected but the display is off.

Take it off. It might have no effect at all but it’s best to test the pack’s voltage drop with nothing connected unless you know the standby current draw of the meter.

2 Likes