Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

not sure, i can tear down mine and have a look when i have time since my x1pro is dead anyway

thin af

2 Likes

got 4 focboxes which i connected via a cable to a pc and every one of them came back saying are you sure this port belongs to a vesc
changed cable same issue. anyone know what it could be

Go into the connection tab, on the right is a refresh button, click it and the COM port should change, then use the connect button next to the refresh, instead if the sidebar.

1 Like

will try
was using the variesc but changing to vesctool now

tried and nothing
my phone on metr reads them fine but the pc doesnt
maybe the laptop is the issue

I’m doing something similar to what Tamatoa did

and now i need something to seal it. What are my options? Probably butyl tape? (never used it before), silicone?

2 Likes

i bought exactly that from someone and they sealed with silicone and wasnt to hard to get off when i needed to remove

1 Like

I was thinking silicon too or maybe cut out some thin rubber like tire tubes or something like that.

1 Like

Shit is it still summer of 2020? That summer sucked.

Seriously though. Very noob like question here.

Why can’t I figure out how to get videos to play and make different fonts and things? Did I miss out on a wiki in the last two years?

1 Like

Videos are a huge headache here.

On my pc directly uploaded videos only have audio, on my phone they take for everrrr to buffer (even with very good internet)

Youtube works as it should.

2 Likes

got 2 sets of motors and all good except for this one.
it slows down suddenly every so often and makes a huge racket
was thinking maybe just a rusty bearing
i was gonna take apart to check but 2 of the bolts holding the can down were prob loctited so im gonna need heat and stuff

what do you guys think?
put a ton of wd40 on the front bearing and it sorta helped the noise is it worth just replaceing it?

well its def partially the bearing as when i tighten the axle nut down a lot then the whole drive doesnt turn and i confirmed my wheel bearings are fine so must be the motor bearing (i think)

edit: so confirmed the front bearings inner race turns around the axle rather then the insides spinning only. i believe this is at least part or maybe all of the issue
for some reason 2 of the bolts holding the can down (i need to remove in order to replace the bearing) are locked in place. i assume loctite so gonna need prob a lighter to remove

1 Like

Holy shit. How many things did you tighten in your life until you cracked the bearings?
You should never, at any point tighten something pressing against the rings of a bearing if those rings are not supported from the other side. You will either turn the balls egg shaped or destroy the races, or both.
Now go replace that bearing with a new one and think where you’re missing some washers while it gets shipped

1 Like

If you start tightening down on something and it starts turning harder you are doing something wrong. If it doesn’t spin at all you destroyed it already

2 Likes

Looking for 10s charger recommendations… Looked at a few previous posts, but outside of these any solid gems I’m missing? It’s for a 10s4p.

Also, you are not going to remove loctite off a 1kg hunk of metal with a lighter. Put a bit of wd40 on the screw and leave it 10 minutes to seep in, maybe it isn’t loctite. If it doesn’t work, then you need a gas torch. Be careful as it will damage the magnets if overheated

1 Like

Yeah so if I’d dint mention earlier I only received these a week ago and have not used yet. The bearing musty have died before I got my hands on them. Put a bit of wd40 but pretty sure it’s loctite waiting for a reply from the seller

1 Like

Judging by the sudden stops they might even clip one of the magnets into the stator, which is even worse than any of the bearings can do.

1 Like

All way way to expensive

2 Likes

Yeah I thought that may be and was really just hoping the best.

Once I get it open I will see. Might just run as 3wd. :laughing:

1 Like