Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I believe it is.

1 Like

good on their site they have like 4 different apps and have no clue the advantages of each

also to connect to it do i need the battery to be connected to something or would it work just on the bench

1 Like

No worries, there is no gap. :rofl:
If you use small rubber risers you are fine anyways. Try to stay away from risers in general if possible and if you need them, rubber is the best choice.
You can also use 3d printed risers in special situations if you want, but risers are always the part you really must have an eye on, bc if they are to high its possible that they will twist the whole truck under stress and you go bye bye.

1 Like

I prefer rigid ones myself, but if they aren’t rigid, then the hardest rubber or polyurethane is better IMHO.

2 Likes

Yeah, its bc you need them 1/2" risers on your small boards I guess with them big wheels, so rubber wouldnt be the right choice when rising so high, true. :handshake:

1 Like

1/2"? Bruh, that’s child’s play. The Bigfoot has

3 Likes

hahahaha, thats what she said :hugs:
I would use some carpet tape on these to the deck and to the baseplate to prevent twisting. Think that could make a big difference.

1 Like

I tighten the shit out of the truck hardware and use high quality alloy steel parts with no stainless steel.

After having a riser stack slip once, it’s something I watch out for.

1 Like

Yeah, you know about what can happen with these high rising stuff, so YOU take care anyways :hugs:
I have no worries about you using risers at all :grinning: :handshake: :raised_hands:
Im more worried about cardboard boxes in the streets :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :innocent: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Touché

Those boxes are something else

1 Like

:grinning: :hugs: jkjk

1 Like

triggering your ptsd?

2 Likes

They just have to be moved out of the lane… just moved, maybe bumped… maybe punched… out of the way… even though they aren’t even in the way…

2 Likes

6.30…Are you already up or haven’t gone to sleep?

Yeah probably that second thing

1 Like

Good morning all. I’m hoping someone can help here. My friend and I bought VX2 Pro remotes. We are both using vesc-x esc’s reconditioned by the drvwiz. We updated the firmware on all esc’s to 5.1 from ack’s 3.01 so the uart remote would work across the canbus. We were able to turn off reverse as well. The only issue is the the telemetry is not reading out properly. The remotes have been calibrated and setup correctly based on our wheel sizes etc… We turned on real-time app data as well. We can ride around using them no problem. Would anyone have any ideas to try to get the telemetry working right? I’m beginning to think that it’s just the older hardware in the vesc-x causing this problem. I actually bought a VX1 because I prefer just a simple remote using PPM. However my friend would like to use his and get it fully functioning.

We are looking at the BKB Xenith as well. Jared tested them and confirmed they work. Today is the last day at $199 as well.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

Really struggling trying to use the mobile vesc app, just can’t get it to work, how do you delete / wipe vesc settings that were made with a pc ?
So I can start again using the mobile app.

Thank you

tried using a dremel to route a hummie deck slightly
didnt get very far any advice?
or is there anyone in the uk with a router who would be willing to do that job for me?

2 Likes

just finished my battery
what test is the best to make sure everything is good and wont blow up my vescs when i plug in?
measuring 42.7v at 12s which i believe is fine
anything else i should check?

2 Likes

What’s the per cell voltage going into making the pack? Also check the charge port and the discharge port (even if you are not using it, it verifies the balance leads are good)

1 Like