Noob question about build

Yea? if thats the case that would be an easy swap then, which I would prefer. thanks for the help

1 Like

Check out my video on those wheels if you’re curious about their performance and battery consumption!

I found that they were between urethane and pneumatics in battery consumption, closer to pneumatics. However, they’re pretty dang close to pneumatic feel. Very comfortable. They can wear down a bit over time though

4 Likes

An expensive but notable option would be Hoyt’s 5" wheel kit with pulleys. Comes with bearings for 8mm axles

Definitely wouldn’t get wheel-bite with those.

Disagree. Not sure about 6", but 6.5" are a massive upgrade from TB110s. You don’t need 8".

4 Likes

yea I saw those but not sure if I want to drop 500$ on some wheels yet.

cool man ill check it out!

1 Like

this is just plain incorrect.

coming from someone who actually actively swaps between TB110s, evolve 6" and eovan 105s (similar to the onsra 110) while keeping the same drivetrain+gearing

the evolve 6" will have a higher top speed than either the rubber honeycombs or the TB110s. much more comfortable than the 110s though and still pretty good acceleration, but not as good as on thane. I really like 6" it’s a really good balance between top speed, acceleration and range (I really want hubs to try the hoyt 5" though)

having also swapped to 8" recently because I popped a 6" tube and didn’t have a spare, I’ve found the 8" are terrible at acceleration, but allow a higher top speed than the 6". the 8" is terrible for range though it just eats up the Wh

1 Like

Yep +1 as well as +1 to @tech.shit

6 inch pneumatic is very different than TB110, much more comfortable and still more comfortable than the onsra wheels

Those Hoyt are a good suggestion if he can afford it.

8 is overkill for a street board upgrade

3 Likes

200% it is. I put 8" on my street board and I hate this, can’t wait to get back to 6"

2 Likes

Street carver is different but those decks are usually more proportional to the wheels

1 Like