Non-Invasive MTB Battery Solution

If this fit on the haero bro deck, i will be interested to buy one !

We gotta go talk to him later this week about that. Probably this weekend?

We can ask, what’s the widest mtb deck?

Same ! +1 :+1:

Remind me a bit the flexible solution of Willozboard, in a proper way !

didn’t notice 1st the underdeck passage … I couldn’t use it but verry interesting !

Sorry, I don’t know as I don’t have any MTB yet :wink: But I first plan to use this velcro stuff on a street build, not a MTB.

3 Likes

I think most MTB decks are in the 9-10" range (Trampa Holy Pro: 9in / 230mm)

not really a mountain board but widest board i have found is:
Lacroix: 10.75in / 273mm

2 Likes

After riding with this for a while and considering how best it could fit differently proportioned top mounted boxes I came up with some thoughts.

To fit wider setups, these straps need to be lengthened an inch or two, or better yet; be adjustable.

more%20velcro
velcro here and on the opposite side needs to be added to secure different strap lengths. Slightly longer straps would be a nice addition too for taller packs, my double stack is already fairly tall imo.

It held up well over the trip and was very easy to remove the batteries for shipping.

2 Likes

Where did you get the piece that’s velcroed to the deck itself? Need the shopping list

2 Likes

It was made to fit.

you’re made to fit. :laughing:

i recall reading you guys were debating working with the guy who made it for a limited run. do i recall correctly or was i dreaming?

1 Like

He’s a busy guy.
He’ll get back to us.

Like everything. I’m basically asking about the wrap and the anchors. Just sew everything?

looks like everything is sewn with some heavy duty nylon thread

Idk honestly. It’s a place that makes all kinds of custom crazy military utility bags. They have a lot of different materials at their disposal.
The entire thing was made on the spot.

2 Likes

The only and major problem is that this place is very unreliable of doing things.
No matter of price, it can take weeks until an e-mail or phone call is answered and at the end it takes month to get something, or you never get anything.

I can find the sources to get the material, only need is someone with a professional industrial sewing machine.

2 Likes

probably because they are busy with industrial/military bulk orders and cant be bothered with your custom one-off

Lol.
Klaus knows the owner personally.
He’s the reason we ever got in contact with these people in the first place.
Assumptions about things you know nothing about just make you look like an ass.

2 Likes

No, that is not the case.
They are in the top 500 worst organized companies in the world.
They need a manager and could easily increase production efficiency by 20 to 30%.

4 Likes

Another solution.
I use these non slip pads for car dash and straps. They work surprisingly well!
https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Factory-z102-Dashboard-Anti-Slip-Sunglasses/dp/B06ZXQSKN7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=35UME5Y093Q9B&keywords=non+slip+pad+car&qid=1577210863&sprefix=non+slip+pad+car%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-3

1 Like

I wonder if a canvas shop would take this on? There are several marine canvas shops here in SD, I know at least one that will be able to make these, if given a proper pattern.

2 Likes

Good idea, will look into it, but more like a project for February 2020.