Non-Invasive MTB Battery Solution

Instead of drilling holes into a nice new deck to mount a bat box or lipos, we revamped my mountain board battery mount with a custom Velcro wrap.

This mount is comprised of two pieces; the bottom wrap that straps to the deck and secures the bottom side of the battery

And the top wrap which straps to the bottom and places load on the top of the pack to secure it in place

Combined we have a nice little package of batteries that can be completely removed with no Ill affects and have the ability to swap batteries for those who just want to carry multiple small packs for a lightweight jump board

I think this is a great solution for those who want a non invasive mount that will leave the deck pristine and requires no modifications. Its completely modular so you can use simple lipos, a battery box filled with lithium ion cells, heck, even an @torqueboards 12s4p AND lipos if you have some strange configuration like me.

Gonna do some more testing and get some better photos throughout the week. Let me know if you have any interest in this or if you have any more detailed questions. Currently tested on a Trampa Carver and MBS Dylan Warren pro.

30 Likes

Wow very nice!

I’ll definitely consider this when I plan a mtb build.

I’d like to see how it handles a couple months of use, looks solid.

2 Likes

Looks nice! My solution was to move my battery and electronics off the board into my backpack. Less weight on the board was the main aim, but obviously it’s also much less prone to damage from water and vibration.

3 Likes

All the straps/materials are military grade. The guy who made this makes backpacks and pouches for the the military.
The top sheet is ridiculous strong.
He cut the fabric and had me try to RIP the cut further… wasn’t gonna happen.
This thing is strong.

7 Likes

Very cool idea. Looks solid. Do want. :+1:

4 Likes

Nice innovation :metal:

2 Likes

This looks extremely good for travel honestly.

2 Likes

Looks good :+1:
My question is, how would that work with only two lipos? The straps on the side seem to be made for the current double stack. If you would go with 2x6s 5Ah packs for example the straps would need to be shorter or have velcro everywhere, no?

One thing I would like to see as well, is a small 1cm strip of velcro here

With it it would be super easy to attach a lipo alarm for each pack.

3 Likes

One more thing that came to my head just now.
Maybe to make a small pocket on the part which flip around the deck. Would be great to be able to slip in some foam to protect the packs from the impact when jumping.

3 Likes

More Velcro on the top in line with the straps to secure them when there’s a thin pack will be a good implementation as well as a thin piece for lipos alarm.

1 Like

If straps go over the top you can just use the straps with valcro for the lipo alarm than.
If you can get some damping solution build in it would be great.

1 Like

Dampening would be easy. They have lots of padding for backpacks and straps.

Keep in mind I’m pretty sure most people would use this to secure a box with a battery in it. And that would have padding.
Joe’s just a bad ass mad max mother f**ker

3 Likes

I don’t worry about damping material. I just don’t want it to look ugly and stuff it inbetween the pack and deck if there is an easy solution to just make a small pocket for damping material

1 Like

@Saturn_Corp Hey Joe, this is really interesting stuff !!! Will there be different sizes (for different decks width) ? And do you know the estimated price and availability date ?

1 Like

If this fit on the haero bro deck, i will be interested to buy one !

We gotta go talk to him later this week about that. Probably this weekend?

We can ask, what’s the widest mtb deck?

Same ! +1 :+1:

Remind me a bit the flexible solution of Willozboard, in a proper way !

didn’t notice 1st the underdeck passage … I couldn’t use it but verry interesting !

Sorry, I don’t know as I don’t have any MTB yet :wink: But I first plan to use this velcro stuff on a street build, not a MTB.

3 Likes

I think most MTB decks are in the 9-10" range (Trampa Holy Pro: 9in / 230mm)

not really a mountain board but widest board i have found is:
Lacroix: 10.75in / 273mm

2 Likes

After riding with this for a while and considering how best it could fit differently proportioned top mounted boxes I came up with some thoughts.

To fit wider setups, these straps need to be lengthened an inch or two, or better yet; be adjustable.

more%20velcro
velcro here and on the opposite side needs to be added to secure different strap lengths. Slightly longer straps would be a nice addition too for taller packs, my double stack is already fairly tall imo.

It held up well over the trip and was very easy to remove the batteries for shipping.

2 Likes