Nkp 3-link Production.

Wouldn’t that vary on hub and slave pulley spacing? Or is it not really a thing? I didn’t get to the step of meshing theming

perhaps, but literally all the variables are adjustable and the least likely thing you’d do is move your pinion further out when you can move your spur gear in.

1 Like

Looks like it will be close for me because I’ll be using 30mm to 44mm adapter plates.

24mm - 3.2mm (mount) - 5mm (adapter - guessing here) = 15.8mm shaft left over (0.62").

I wouldn’t get the axle all the way through the pinion, but perhaps I have enough on there. The set screw would be on the inside next to the mount plate.

1 Like

well another life hack is to use two bolts only, and you can make it fit in the slots of the srb mount without an adapter.

2 Likes

If it’s enough axle for the set screw you might be fine? Set screw plus green loctite, could be enough

2 Likes
7 Likes

Brian out here stopping the threadlocker racism

5 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. I’m checking gearing options for the lacroix and the 44, and swapping the 151kv reachers onto the race board just makes more sense.

Puts both boards at 43mph average, and >500 newtons of force.

3 Likes

The reachers don’t already come with 30mm mounting holes?

My 6355 does.

2 Likes

v4 does, v5 does not :frowning:

Well they sorta do. But it’s used to secure the mounting plate tor he stator. In theory you could just get. Longer m4 to replace it thru the Motor mount into the plate and the stator.

We run the pinion very close to the wheel sidewall and as close to the motor plate as possible. Excess gets cut off due to interference.
Screenshot_20230124_062750_Gallery

7 Likes

How much preload is right on the bushings? Should there be a gap or should i tighten these down more?

Close the gap is where to start. 1/4 turn does a lot.

3 Likes

@MoeStooge @RipTideSports
I’m lazy and unmotivated and distracted most of the time.

With that said, my brain was thinking of an interlocking bushing design that comes in two pieces that can be installed and removed on the 3-links without removing everything from the threaded axle.

you guys have probably already thought about it…and maybe tried it…I could see it just not working because it would squish apart while in operation.

I think its moldable using normal urethan pouring methods.

Back to work, blowing my horn at crossings.

2 Likes

@people who run 3links @fessyfoo . How tight do you run your bushings on our 3 links? Are you able to hit the end of the trucks steering travel while just standing on the stationary board without bindings?

2 Likes

I haven’t run them yet, but that is how I received them…

…so that’s what I’ll try first lol. Except mine hit the motor bracket since I have it facing inwards right now.

1 Like

Cool, lmk. What’s the build? Top speed?

1 Like

Work in progress race board The RedComet | RE Northcamp | 21s6p | D100 | ???

But I’ll throw them on my cruiser top 40mph(?) to try out and compare to the Jumas.

2 Likes

Tagging couple others to see how loose they run theirs @PedroMcJimenez @JeffyJ @Mbrady @Yeahthatperson @SmokeNEsk8 @ShutterShock @dskate @davidbonde

2 Likes